no merge on November 11th?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
no merge on November 11th? possibly coming after the 17th

So, we saw that Verizon is getting a bunch of phones on Nov 11 including the Pre 2, Droid Pro, and Citrus. I did not see the Merge listed on that date as the rumored date we heard a few months back.

Any chance they pushed this one back? I've had a Droid X since launch and I plan on moving back to HTC once this monster comes out.

Last edited:

wnflyer

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
X to Merge

So, we saw that Verizon is getting a bunch of phones on Nov 11 including the Pre 2, Droid Pro, and Citrus. I did not see the Merge listed on that date as the rumored date we heard a few months back.

Any chance they pushed this one back? I've had a Droid X since launch and I plan on moving back to HTC once this monster comes out.

I also have the X. I'm wondering what your motivation is to go from the X to the Merge? I am considering doing the same thing but I'm wondering about going back to the smaller screen (3.7?).

Thanks, Randy

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I also have the X. I'm wondering what your motivation is to go from the X to the Merge? I am considering doing the same thing but I'm wondering about going back to the smaller screen (3.7?).

Thanks, Randy

Sense makes it completely worth it to me. I'd sacrifice screen size for sense. I also HATE the hard buttons on the X. With the constant wiggling, I just want my soft touch keys back.

wnflyer

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Sense makes it completely worth it to me. I'd sacrifice screen size for sense. I also HATE the hard buttons on the X. With the constant wiggling, I just want my soft touch keys back.

I had an Incredible for a while and it was sweet. The actual telephone part of it had issues. We had 3 different units. Otherwise I did enjoy Sense (Philblur isn't too bad). The buttons on the X are a bit of an annoyance.

Randy

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i like the philblur on the x! sense always bugged me. if the X was an evo with philblur it be perfect. maybe verizon is pushing the merge back because they have reconcidered the 3.7" screen and want the 4.3" screen back.:D

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I moved back to verizon and started with the fascinate, but wasn't completely sold (still could get it back) and got the DX, liked the size but not the overall design or the buttons. I mean the haptic keys are a pita sometimes but wiggly buttons are not for me. The final straw comes for me has to do with Moto's view of the droid communities desire to enhance their user experience. Sure Moto has a right to their IP related to Motoblur, but other companies accept the droid community does not live in confined walls and the lack of full open enhancement living is not for me. I like options and Moto is not providing it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Over at Droidforums Miami1683 (site admin) who is talking VZW insiders indicates the Merge will likely be a quiet roll out on 11-11, which they can then do a bigger announcement for later on if they wanted to. I feel as though Verizon has so many phones coming they really can't tout them all at once.

klunsford

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Release date sort of confirmed:

For what it is worth, I have been holding out for the merge, but needed to activate a phone with VZW. Our business rep said that she could easily set up an old blackberry for me, and get me set up with the Merge on the 11th...

Last edited:

gjm

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well for what it's worth, I just called VZW to see if they had any info, but the guy was unable to find anything about it all. He said usually they know about a month in advance of new devices because they have to do classes on them etc to learn about the device.

Not sure about this, but my contract with ATT is up on the 8th and I was really hoping this drops on the 11th!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has a lot of phones launching in Q4, and they need to get them out for the holidays and before customers start spending that cash on other stuff. I haven't read the 17th date anywhere but ok, so it could happen.

bigdav1178

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I was in a Verizon store over the weekend, and fully expecting to get an "I don't know anything" answer, I actually got a little something. I asked the rep if he had any info on when the Merge would be coming - that I'm looking to upgrade to it, but didn't want to be wasting my time waiting for it, if it wasn't coming out soon. He didn't give me a specific date, but he did say that if I could hold out a couple weeks, it'd be worth it - that it should be here before the end of the month. He said that they had 20 new phones (he didn't specify whether smartphones or devices in general) coming out before the end of the year, and that they're basically clearing out older models now.

I was pleased to hear this to say the least. I've been available for my 2yr upgrade since September, and just about ready to give up and settle for a Droid 2 (not terribly keen on its keyboard or the Motoblur).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674