Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,102 Global Posts

Default HTC Merge in Entrepreneur Magazine

... Okay seriously, when the f*#k is this thing coming out? Verizon, if you keep this up, someone may just "fall down a flight of stairs".

Its prolly gonna come out a few days after they launch 4GLTE fully
    Nexus FTW

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by dannyseed View Post
    Its prolly gonna come out a few days after they launch 4GLTE fully
    But why would the LTE launch have anything to do with the release of the Merge? Or would this be a mere coincidence?

There were rumors that the Merge was delayed to incorporate LTE, but there are also rumors that LTE phones won't be released until next year (maybe Feb. at the earliest). I'm really looking hard at this phone as my first Android phone and all of these rumors, etc., is driving me nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    But why would the LTE launch have anything to do with the release of the Merge? Or would this be a mere coincidence?

There were rumors that the Merge was delayed to incorporate LTE, but there are also rumors that LTE phones won't be released until next year (maybe Feb. at the earliest). I'm really looking hard at this phone as my first Android phone and all of these rumors, etc., is driving me nuts!
    im in teh same boat as you, im really interested in this, but the way verizon keeps throwing a little out at a time, and not releasing it is starting to make me mad

Maybe it's actually true... a December release for an HTC Merge with LTE? As much as I like the idea, I'd much rather have a Merge with CDMA 3G network. More often than not I'm at a place that has decent wifi and when I don't, 3G is good enough for me.

Besides, I can only wonder how much the 4G network is going to effect the battery life, as the 800Mhz Processor was a big pro (same speeds as 1Ghz but less power consumption)

This is getting ridiculous. I was hoping they were just holding off until after the black friday rush because of the recent Motorola releases. HTC needs to release another Android phone on Verizon. I believe the Incredible was the last one. I am about to give up and just wait until 2011 phones are released.