1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Default HTC Merge Going to Alltel

Now I am rethinking leaving alltel. I could have gotton a Droid X or the HTC Merge. What do you think!

Bummer... I guess you can't win them all. Heh!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Yeah lol. Well Alltel is moving up in the world. They have the BEST coverage, better than any carrier, but their phones are kinda wack. They barely got good phones when Android came around.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous ROM 1.02

If bing is gone from the picture as it shows, that's even better. but the main question is, if it really is gonna be on alltel, when will they release it since I know nothing about alltel's track record in releasing phones.

and I do hope to god it's still a world phone that can do both GSM and CDMA (and be quad band [please god please]) because I still want to get it at full price and use it on either AT&T or T mobile (if i get fed up with AT&T and switch)

ROM
    Stocked out! Whoo!!!

Bummer. I really want this phone but I'm on a family plan with Verizon. I'm kind of in a crappy position since at some point I'm going to need to upgrade my phone in the near future. And there's a weird 3g-4g transition limbo period so my thoughts on getting a new phone now is summed up nicely by Mike Henry - .

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

It's about time somebody showed us Alltel customers a little love. Seriously I am about ready to jump ship and go to Verizon. Our Alltel was bought out by ATNI but I dont see any new phones coming.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous ROM 1.02

which state does alltel even operate in anymore? i've been trying to get on their site to look at what they have and if there's a press release for it but using NC, GA, CA, AZ, WY, and FL zipcode yielded a "we do not offer service in your area" page....

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Don't know if this will work or not, but you can try zip 31021. Dublin, Ga is still Alltel.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous ROM 1.02

sweet it works. thanks! i just want to see what they have to offer at the moment.
    Hopefully there would be a way for me to buy the phone full price and have it shipped to cali...

EDIT: all this talk about the merge going to alltel, but still no release date. it is more than aggravating. I might really just give up on getting they keyboard android phone of my dreams and wait for the thunderbolt if this keeps up in the next month or 2.
    Last edited by mputtr; 01-25-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

all I can say is.. blarg. I mean ... really? REALLY?! tmo has their merge equivalent, so does sprint. I don't think ATT does, but seeing as they don't count in the Android race....

Just release me... I'm begging you for mercy...!

No offense to the great AC staff or anyone else that writes up android news, but other than the picture is there any other evidence that provides any proof that Alltel will be receiving the Merge? The Alltel pic looks too much like a picture taken from the phone. Also, if anyone has forgotten, it's really easy to find official wallpapers from cellular companies.

Besides, if the Merge was really going to Alltel, shouldn't they have switched out the color motif of the search button and keyboard from red to blue? Plus, how can Verizon just "give" the Merge to Alltel? I mean sure they bought out a huge chunk, but that just means that the majority of Alltel towers and retail locations switch to Verizon, that's it.

.... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just so FURIOUS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!@!@!!!@

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan745 View Post
    No offense to the great AC staff or anyone else that writes up android news, but other than the picture is there any other evidence that provides any proof that Alltel will be receiving the Merge? The Alltel pic looks too much like a picture taken from the phone. Also, if anyone has forgotten, it's really easy to find official wallpapers from cellular companies.

Besides, if the Merge was really going to Alltel, shouldn't they have switched out the color motif of the search button and keyboard from red to blue? Plus, how can Verizon just "give" the Merge to Alltel? I mean sure they bought out a huge chunk, but that just means that the majority of Alltel towers and retail locations switch to Verizon, that's it.

.... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just so FURIOUS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!@!@!!!@
    That's what I was thinking but it could very well be a test device for Alltel now. (they'll probably do their own extensive testing of it..so why bother changing the color scheme to blue just yet) I know the "new" one's supposedly coming but I don't necessarly need or want to pay for 4g, so I hear ya!