Merge Sighting in My Verizon Text Alerts

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I was on My Verizon looking at their text alerts, and when I clicked on Sports there was one of the Rule The Air people and then there was also a picture of the HTC Merge!
Here is the picture of it i posted on Twitter:
272273905.png

yogi1574

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
this is just getting beyond crazy!!
what in the world is going on at VZW?? does anyone there read forums lol
im giving it until the 15th which is the 2 weeks window from when that VZ nav program showed up if this phone isnt out by then ill give it a shot to get it from alltell and if i cant get it from there im gonna have to find something else.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Good lord this is driving me crazy. I may only be able to wait one more week so that I can get one more 1-year contract. Then it will be a decision between getting the Droid Pro, or maybe even trying to get a Thunderbolt, selling it on eBay, then getting a Merge from Alltel. Why does life have to be so complicated?

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I made an account and went to the same place. It's definitely there. I was wondering if it was actually the HTC windows slider phone because I thought they had a similar keyboard layout. But then I remembered that the front buttons are different.

bigdav1178

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
You know, this phone has become almost as infamous as Bigfoot... We go around posting sightings and rumors about it, but no one has managed to physically get their hands on it (the non-test unit, Verizon version). The difference, we all know the Merge actual exists, and that it was intended for a Verizon release; but if and when Verizon will ever actually release is another thing.

BTW, rosser, nice find! I almost feel like contacting customer service and telling them I'd like to purchase the phone illustrated there, and see if they can continue to deny it's existence.

Reactions: rosser

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Excellent find OP, let's just hope that VZW's not going to use Merge in press images as a sort of "generic verizon phone" kinda how people take off the badges of plain cars for insurance ads! :p

this is just getting beyond crazy!!
what in the world is going on at VZW?? does anyone there read forums lol
im giving it until the 15th which is the 2 weeks window from when that VZ nav program showed up if this phone isnt out by then ill give it a shot to get it from alltell and if i cant get it from there im gonna have to find something else.

I'm waiting until the end of April......I'll have to see though after that...

You know, this phone has become almost as infamous as Bigfoot... We go around posting sightings and rumors about it, but no one has managed to physically get their hands on it (the non-test unit, Verizon version). The difference, we all know the Merge actual exists, and that it was intended for a Verizon release; but if and when Verizon will ever actually release is another thing.

BTW, rosser, nice find! I almost feel like contacting customer service and telling them I'd like to purchase the phone illustrated there, and see if they can continue to deny it's existence.

I too am shocked that no one has gotten their hands on the non test Verizon version. Apparently the Samsung Gem (also a late release) is in some Verizon stores for weeks now, but still hasn't made an official debut. I cant help but think that, in some small town somewhere, there's a Verizon store with Merge. :/

Hah! You totally should call/web chat w/ Customer Service just for fun...:D

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I plan on leaving work early. I think I might print the picture and ask about that phone. Say I couldn't find it on their website other than there and was curious about it.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Tell them they lost my five lines to Sprint and the EVO Shift while you're at it, all because everyone wanted the Merge and it never came. :p Yeah I ate five ETF, but I was fed up with waiting and I win in the long run. Verizon keeps shafting those of us that like physical keyboards and I saw a trend.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Tell them they lost my five lines to Sprint and the EVO Shift while you're at it, all because everyone wanted the Merge and it never came. :p Yeah I ate five ETF, but I was fed up with waiting and I win in the long run. Verizon keeps shafting those of us that like physical keyboards and I saw a trend.

Yikes :( Hey, at least you got the phone you really want, so that's all that matters :D Liking the shift?

discostrings

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I feel for you Verizon folks wanting the Merge. I've had it a few days now and it's pretty much an ideal mobile for me. Alltel didn't really even do any carrier messing with it.

I hope it's available for you soon--so you can enjoy it, but also so there's a bigger development community around it. If it's not released on a major carrier I'm afraid the user base might be anemic.

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So I did as I promised. I came in playing the tech guy that non-tech people go to. In addition, I mentioned my friend was a sucker and buys things like the Best Buy warranty.

First store (apparently a Premium Retailer): Lady thought it might be an Incredible 2 but she didn't think so.
Second store (VZW store): Multiple people looked at the picture. They mulled over the Bionic, Thunderbolt, and Charge.

In both cases, I provided the info I had without knowing too much like it was supposed to come to Verizon. I mentioned that it looked similar to a phone that Altell released and acted uncertain about it being called the Merge. They admitted they had no idea and it could just be promo stuff. They mentioned an ad once showed a red blackberry but they don't carry one.

Last edited:

montreux88

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I realize the customer service reps generally aren't the best source to rely on, but I actually had one definitively tell me yesterday that they decided not to carry it, which is a big change from "never heard of it." That does make sense if they dumped it on Alltel.

BoSoxSuperman

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I realize the customer service reps generally aren't the best source to rely on, but I actually had one definitively tell me yesterday that they decided not to carry it, which is a big change from "never heard of it." That does make sense if they dumped it on Alltel.

It would figure.

And yet here we get new rumors of another HTC keyboard slider (with Gingerbread and a 1.2Ghz) coming to effing T-Mobile...

We just can't win with those bastards at Verizon.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It would figure.

And yet here we get new rumors of another HTC keyboard slider (with Gingerbread and a 1.2Ghz) coming to effing T-Mobile...

We just can't win with those bastards at Verizon.

I hope that it's just a codename that's unrelated to the network, a'la lexicon.

We need a non Moto QWERTY here on VZW. My power button isn't getting any less broken. :(

Apparently VZW's getting this: http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/htc-7-pro-coming-to-verizon-as-htc-pro

So yeah.....yay /somewhat sarcastic

montreux88

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

well until they take down those support pages im still thinking they just might release it. guessing it wasnt held back on the account of 4g since the Dinc 2 is going to be rockin that 3g.

it would really be sweet if verizon went on a phone announcement spree. they already have that new 4g sammy, that new rugged casio phone, and the 2nd gen incredible coming by then end of this week. just toss the merge in with that bunch. hell, id like it if they did it just for sh&&s and giggles.

Last edited: