US Cellular & Potential for Verizon Unlock???

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd actually mentioned this to jtown but my question is this. Why would a competing company's phone be invalid if Verizon had not planned on releasing it?

A couple of thoughts.
- I assume you locked your phone in for 2 years jtown? Perhaps that's why.
- Verizon plans on selling the phone (BoSox, don't get all excited).
- Verizon plans on never releasing the phone and wants no one to have it. Ever.
- Reasons I can't come up with.

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just called the customer service number for verizon and asked if I could keep my Alltel phone and switch. Didn't tell him what kind of phone it was but he said if it said Alltel on it I would have to get a new phone.

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
FWIW I emailed HTC and asked why my Merge registered as a Lexicon (I knew it was the code name just wanted to see how much info I could get). And also asked why it was not listed on the site as one of the productes and this is what I got back in reply.

"I will be glad to help you out with this information. First, one of the names the Merge was known under (a codename, basically) was the Lexicon, which is why it showed you that name. Now, onto the product page for the phone. Ever since Alltel began its transition out of being a major carrier and started being more of a regional carrier, information about Alltel devices (new ones that have come out, anyway) has been found at our partner site, Personal Communications Devices | Bringing You the Wireless World. This is where most of the regional CDMA carrier's phone information is. The product page for it can be found at Personal Communications Devices | Our Devices - ADR6325ALAN, although there's not a lot of support on the page itself, unfortunately."

Now I understand that happening with Alltel and maybe with the other regional carriers I just wonder if verizon was going to offer it would they do this and then move it to the HTC site?

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
FWIW I emailed HTC and asked why my Merge registered as a Lexicon (I knew it was the code name just wanted to see how much info I could get). And also asked why it was not listed on the site as one of the productes and this is what I got back in reply.

"I will be glad to help you out with this information. First, one of the names the Merge was known under (a codename, basically) was the Lexicon, which is why it showed you that name. Now, onto the product page for the phone. Ever since Alltel began its transition out of being a major carrier and started being more of a regional carrier, information about Alltel devices (new ones that have come out, anyway) has been found at our partner site, Personal Communications Devices | Bringing You the Wireless World. This is where most of the regional CDMA carrier's phone information is. The product page for it can be found at Personal Communications Devices | Our Devices - ADR6325ALAN, although there's not a lot of support on the page itself, unfortunately."

Now I understand that happening with Alltel and maybe with the other regional carriers I just wonder if verizon was going to offer it would they do this and then move it to the HTC site?

I would think so, esp since VZW HTC devices have been free from the weird "UT Starcom" brand moniker for ages now. It would definitely be on HTC's main site.

Thanks for checking about whether it would be able to be activated on VZW....looks like us VZW users are stuck waiting for Droid 3's somewhat mediocre keyboard. oh well.

merger

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a contract with both U.S. Cellular and Verizon. Crappy phones with both, but they're the only two carriers with any signal here. Verizon has muuuuch better speeds and coverage of the two.

So could I potentially buy the Merge for non-full retail price through U.S. Cellular when it comes out via my current U.S. Cellular plan (which is non-binding and can be canceled without any termination fees) and then call Verizon and get them to make it work for their network under my current Verizon plan with them?

If I could get the Merge to work with Verizon without having to pay a full retail of something like $500.00+ that would be ideal, but what's the likelihood that this plan would actually work?

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a contract with both U.S. Cellular and Verizon. Crappy phones with both, but they're the only two carriers with any signal here. Verizon has muuuuch better speeds and coverage of the two.

So could I potentially buy the Merge for non-full retail price through U.S. Cellular when it comes out via my current U.S. Cellular plan (which is non-binding and can be canceled without any termination fees) and then call Verizon and get them to make it work for their network under my current Verizon plan with them?

If I could get the Merge to work with Verizon without having to pay a full retail of something like $500.00+ that would be ideal, but what's the likelihood that this plan would actually work?

That is the big question every one wants to know! I asked verizon about useing my Alltel merge and it las a big no. They told me i hay to buy one of their phones.

yogi1574

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
for all of our sakes please try! :)

if you do end up doing this and it works i will be buying a merge like pronto!! so please by all means do it, as since you would buy it from US cellular they prob have a return policy should it not work lol. unlike someone buying it full retail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon