Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm sure we'll be able to buy it as soon as 2013.

sadly i jumped into a BB Bold which i got as a freebee so now im really torn as ive actually enjoyed some of the features BB has to offer i still would rather Android but my GF also has a BB so now im kinda stuck, DAMN YOU VERIZON!!!!!! all we ask for is a decent Qwerty smartphone but you feel the need to shove black slabs down everyones necks until we choke and die! then again they push all the MOTO crap out there like a "brand new" Droid X which as phil from AC points out is more or less the same exact thing... its not even 4G!!! what a load of crap VZW!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogi1574 View Post
    sadly i jumped into a BB Bold which i got as a freebee so now im really torn as ive actually enjoyed some of the features BB has to offer i still would rather Android but my GF also has a BB so now im kinda stuck, DAMN YOU VERIZON!!!!!! all we ask for is a decent Qwerty smartphone but you feel the need to shove black slabs down everyones necks until we choke and die! then again they push all the MOTO crap out there like a "brand new" Droid X which as phil from AC points out is more or less the same exact thing... its not even 4G!!! what a load of crap VZW!!
    You just got the Bold today? You have 30 days to return so you could always do so when Merge shows up where you are.

I totally agree with Verizon's annoying slab focus. It's so played out, and yes it's annoying that the "Droid" branded QWERTY's get pushed while devices like Merge are just left to rot.

As for the X and Droid 3 being 3G only: Some folks wont get 4G for a while yet. Add in the many, like myself, who don't want to have to worry about horrible battery life due to LTE and having a few powerful 3G only handsets isn't such a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rickhamilton620 View Post
    You just got the Bold today? You have 30 days to return so you could always do so when Merge shows up where you are.

I totally agree with Verizon's annoying slab focus. It's so played out, and yes it's annoying that the "Droid" branded QWERTY's get pushed while devices like Merge are just left to rot.

As for the X and Droid 3 being 3G only: Some folks wont get 4G for a while yet. Add in the many, like myself, who don't want to have to worry about horrible battery life due to LTE and having a few powerful 3G only handsets isn't such a bad idea.
    im not saying its a bad thing to put out new 3G devices but just give us some options with a keyboard.
    secondly like i said i got the BB as a freebee no contract/upgrade someone i knew had a new one to spare so i figured id give it a whirl.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Namiashi View Post
    Went to Best Buy today and picked up a Buyer's Guide for June 2011, Valid May 22- June 25.

Found this on the Verizon Page, asked the store employee about it and got no response. They said they couldn't say anything official yet and that was it.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2...3371171086.jpg
    That SKU number comes back to a LG - Accolade Mobile Phone - Blue/Gray (Verizon Wireless) when you look it up online.

Gaaahhh why is Verizon making this so frustrating? I moved FIVE accounts (family) over to Sprint and to the EVO Shift because they Merge never appeared, and I'm really asking myself why I haven't moved my own over yet. I travel a lot more than them so I wanted the better network coverage, but I'm sick of virtual keyboards and Motorola's keyboards just don't cut it for me. Odds are high that I'd never notice the difference with Sprint but so many Merge clues keep popping up that I keep putting it off.

Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    That SKU number comes back to a LG - Accolade Mobile Phone - Blue/Gray (Verizon Wireless) when you look it up online.
    There is no SKU number for the merge in that picture.

The only detail on that page for the merge is the "Find more Verzion phones including the HTC Merge at www.BestBuy.com/mobile"

But you were right that SKU number is for the LG Accolade, it is shown in the flyer above the numbers. I just have a crappy 2mp camera and was taking the picture fast so I only took a picture of the Merge and not the rest.

NEW HTC MERGE US CELLULAR ANDROID | eBay

Insane that there's 33 bids for it, but not surprising. I can't help but think that quite a few of those bids are from users hoping that they'll be able to activate on VZW.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Well if anyone lives in New Jersey here's one.

Brand new HTC Merge Verizon

I tried to get it but the guy wouldn't ship so I was out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bbricker09 View Post
    Well if anyone lives in New Jersey here's one.

Brand new HTC Merge Verizon

I tried to get it but the guy wouldn't ship so I was out of luck.
    I'm in NJ I would try to get the phone but, there's no information on how to contact him. wtf. ugh. there goes my one chance

My bad he actually has two posts about it. Here's the one with the email link

New HTC Merge just released for Verizon

My bad he actually has two posts about it. Here's the one with the email link

New HTC Merge just released for Verizon
    You have any idea where he got the phone?

Yeah he said it was a gift from someone who works at Verizon and it was for his sister, but she already had an iPhone so he's selling that. I tried to get him to send me pictures of it but when I asked him if he would ship he just said not interested.

Yeah he said it was a gift from someone who works at Verizon and it was for his sister, but she already had an iPhone so he's selling that. I tried to get him to send me pictures of it but when I asked him if he would ship he just said not interested.
    I emailed him about it but, still no response back. ugh

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

The Verizon kiosk at the mall said they released it last month and that I could order it through them and have it sent to me. BUT the Verizon store said I won't be able to order it until next week...

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by escentz View Post
    The Verizon kiosk at the mall said they released it last month and that I could order it through them and have it sent to me. BUT the Verizon store said I won't be able to order it until next week...
    If you get the chance, can you find out and tell exactly what they are doing to find it and post back here? The verizon kiosks I've asked said they can't even find a reference to it.

this is ******ed. a month later and still nothing. incredible 2/thunderbolt. u will be mine in a week or less.

Why was this forum moved to the "US Cellular Merge" forum? Is that a hint or what? The Merge is in Verizon's system, a rep told me so just days ago.....

Quote Originally Posted by JDangles View Post
    Why was this forum moved to the "US Cellular Merge" forum? Is that a hint or what? The Merge is in Verizon's system, a rep told me so just days ago.....
    Seems like no one really remember's that it even exists on VZW. Even in posts on the homepage they speak of it like it's completely killed off, yet its not.

It's a vicious cycle: No one on VZW who wants the phone will get it because sites say it doesn't exist and the corporate stores and VZW.com don't carry it, so no one buys it and it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

ROM
    Stock

The thing that gets me is Alltel was the first to have the merge and Verizon is going to carry it so why move it to us cell merge?
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by jtowndawg View Post
    The thing that gets me is Alltel was the first to have the merge and Verizon is going to carry it so why move it to us cell merge?
    Because people tend to remember the last thing that happens. Since it arrived on US Cellular, and to many the Verizon deal doesn't exist, they completely forgot about Alltel, who got it shortly after the Merge was first "killed off" :/

Still doesn't make it right though.

Yeah I really wanted the Verizon version

So did this officially ever show up anywhere on Verizon?

Kom22

Quote Originally Posted by kom22 View Post
    So did this officially ever show up anywhere on Verizon?

Kom22
    Nope, I haven't seen nor heard anything regarding the Merge

Default Re: Has anyone purchased a Verizon Merge yet?

i just bought one on ebay. there are a handful on there.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123