Has anyone purchased a Verizon Merge yet?

steven252000

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I looked online at all the usual sites to see if there were any signs of the mystical Verizon Merge this morning and no luck so far. I guess my wife will be getting the Droid 2 Global. Oh well.

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I looked online at all the usual sites to see if there were any signs of the mystical Verizon Merge this morning and no luck so far. I guess my wife will be getting the Droid 2 Global. Oh well.

At least wait until Sunday before you jump the gun. Remember Best Buy gets their phones in on Thursday and Sundays. Plus the Merge IS listed in the Best Buy Mobile Buyers Guide for June.
Flash View of Weekly Ad Circular - Best Buy

yogi1574

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
sadly i jumped into a BB Bold which i got as a freebee so now im really torn as ive actually enjoyed some of the features BB has to offer i still would rather Android but my GF also has a BB so now im kinda stuck, DAMN YOU VERIZON!!!!!! all we ask for is a decent Qwerty smartphone but you feel the need to shove black slabs down everyones necks until we choke and die! then again they push all the MOTO crap out there like a "brand new" Droid X which as phil from AC points out is more or less the same exact thing... its not even 4G!!! what a load of crap VZW!!

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
sadly i jumped into a BB Bold which i got as a freebee so now im really torn as ive actually enjoyed some of the features BB has to offer i still would rather Android but my GF also has a BB so now im kinda stuck, DAMN YOU VERIZON!!!!!! all we ask for is a decent Qwerty smartphone but you feel the need to shove black slabs down everyones necks until we choke and die! then again they push all the MOTO crap out there like a "brand new" Droid X which as phil from AC points out is more or less the same exact thing... its not even 4G!!! what a load of crap VZW!!

You just got the Bold today? You have 30 days to return so you could always do so when Merge shows up where you are.

I totally agree with Verizon's annoying slab focus. It's so played out, and yes it's annoying that the "Droid" branded QWERTY's get pushed while devices like Merge are just left to rot.

As for the X and Droid 3 being 3G only: Some folks wont get 4G for a while yet. Add in the many, like myself, who don't want to have to worry about horrible battery life due to LTE and having a few powerful 3G only handsets isn't such a bad idea.

yogi1574

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You just got the Bold today? You have 30 days to return so you could always do so when Merge shows up where you are.

I totally agree with Verizon's annoying slab focus. It's so played out, and yes it's annoying that the "Droid" branded QWERTY's get pushed while devices like Merge are just left to rot.

As for the X and Droid 3 being 3G only: Some folks wont get 4G for a while yet. Add in the many, like myself, who don't want to have to worry about horrible battery life due to LTE and having a few powerful 3G only handsets isn't such a bad idea.

im not saying its a bad thing to put out new 3G devices but just give us some options with a keyboard.
secondly like i said i got the BB as a freebee no contract/upgrade someone i knew had a new one to spare so i figured id give it a whirl.

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Gaaahhh why is Verizon making this so frustrating? I moved FIVE accounts (family) over to Sprint and to the EVO Shift because they Merge never appeared, and I'm really asking myself why I haven't moved my own over yet. I travel a lot more than them so I wanted the better network coverage, but I'm sick of virtual keyboards and Motorola's keyboards just don't cut it for me. Odds are high that I'd never notice the difference with Sprint but so many Merge clues keep popping up that I keep putting it off. :(

Namiashi

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
That SKU number comes back to a LG - Accolade Mobile Phone - Blue/Gray (Verizon Wireless) when you look it up online.

There is no SKU number for the merge in that picture.

The only detail on that page for the merge is the "Find more Verzion phones including the HTC Merge at www.BestBuy.com/mobile"

But you were right that SKU number is for the LG Accolade, it is shown in the flyer above the numbers. I just have a crappy 2mp camera and was taking the picture fast so I only took a picture of the Merge and not the rest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000