Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has anyone purchased a Verizon Merge yet?

Please let us know where you bought it and post a pic if possible.

Thanks
    Last edited by nittanyjack; 05-13-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: missing word

Global Posts
    1,016 Global Posts

I went to my local Best Buy and they didn't even know what a Merge was. :-(.

Talked to a buddy of mine who works at a "Premium Retailer" said he heard rumors they were getting it, but called his inventory guy and a couple others and they still aren't sure. He said possibly next week...

I should also point out that he told me I'm not the only one who has enquired about the Merge either...apparently they are getting quite a few ex-blackberry/business types who are asking, so the store owner really wants to sell them if he can get em.

I spoke with someone from Best Buy near me in Brooklyn and they said that generally phones come in on Sundays and i should check back with them next week but they have heard the rumors about the phone coming in, i also have a Premium Retailer near me and will check them out too next week.
    i still want this phone as for the next year at least 4G wont be fully up and running and i can live with a somewhat outdated phone for a little while, if the price is good i might buy it off contract and thus save my upgrade.

ROM
    ICS

thats what i want to know, is the price! i bet its no more the $130 on contract!

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default No luck yet, in Flint Mich.

First post, BTW, looking forward to switching from Crackberry to Droid...hopefully with a Merge.

Folks at Best Buy looked at me like I had three heads. "You must mean the Charge..."

They straightened up a bit when they looked it up in the computer, and wha do you know, found that I was right....it was released on 5-14. Yeah, no kidding.

Another Verizon dealer today said he had just gotten the email this morning, is hoping to have it early next week. They will call me... no word on pricing, though.

ROM
    Stocked out! Whoo!!!

Well I'm getting a phone in one week. It may very well be the Charge as I would be able to lock into $30 4g "unlimited" data. If I can't find the Merge anywhere and try it out, it's going to happen. I'll keep my eyes out though.

Haha! You waited this long, what's another week or two?

ROM
    Stocked out! Whoo!!!

I'm on my mom's family plan. I'm going home next weekend to snag whatever I want from the house since she sold it. I also plan on getting a phone since getting one there is probably easier than having to have them set up a data plan and such everything over the phone because she holds the account.

Besides, my interest in the Charge soared in recent weeks and since they want tiered LTE data over the summer, I'm tempted to lock in now.

had a chat with a verizon rep today and they told me it is listed as RELEASED in the verizon system but it says stock availability low, was told this prob means the units are just shipping now so they dont have proper numbers yet as to how many they are getting, also told me that it will only be 3rd party as of now she listed Best Buy Target and walmart aswell as other 3rd party retailers as likely locations to carry it. also she said bc of the 3rd party listing there was no suggested price on it. so my feeling is that stores should have a stock of them by mid-week.

I have yet to see this phone anywhere.

Patience my friend. As they say Rome wasn't built in a day. Like the above poster suggested give it until mid week or even Thursday.

Just got off the phone with a local Premium Retailer he says its in his system so he is gonna call his dist. and i should call in the morning and he will know when/if he will be able to get it

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default update

Yet another authorized dealer told me today that her wholesaler won't have it until the 21st, and she should have it in the store by the middle of NEXT week. Ug! Price will either be $150, or $200 with a $50 MIR.
    Thanked by:

Has anybody caught word of full retail pricing? If so please share, thanks.

Looking to upgrade from my OGDroid off contract if it's affordable...

Quote Originally Posted by yogi1574 View Post
    had a chat with a verizon rep today and they told me it is listed as RELEASED in the verizon system but it says stock availability low, was told this prob means the units are just shipping now so they dont have proper numbers yet as to how many they are getting, also told me that it will only be 3rd party as of now she listed Best Buy Target and walmart aswell as other 3rd party retailers as likely locations to carry it. also she said bc of the 3rd party listing there was no suggested price on it. so my feeling is that stores should have a stock of them by mid-week.
    I like to know on which store you chatted with because to ones I called said there have no plans to carry the merge. Send me and update when you get and how you got one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmitch12 View Post
    I like to know on which store you chatted with because to ones I called said there have no plans to carry the merge. Send me and update when you get and how you got one.

Thanks
    i spoke with verizon themselves by calling 611 and speaking to a tech who said the phone was listed as released but to 3rd party so its gonna be a matter of who gets it and when, i had posted in another feed that bestbuy told me they get new phones on sundays so call those stores and see if they got them in yet, im in NY and my local ones had not gotten them in yet so they said try next week, my local verizon authorized dealer said to call him back today and he should know so ill hav ean update later today too.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by yogi1574 View Post
    i spoke with verizon themselves by calling 611 and speaking to a tech who said the phone was listed as released but to 3rd party so its gonna be a matter of who gets it and when, i had posted in another feed that bestbuy told me they get new phones on sundays so call those stores and see if they got them in yet, im in NY and my local ones had not gotten them in yet so they said try next week, my local verizon authorized dealer said to call him back today and he should know so ill hav ean update later today too.
    Sweet, keep us updated, and let us know if your local dealer gives pricing. I'm kinda temporarily out of the market for a Merge atm, but plan to get one on my birthday in a few weeks!

OK so my local guy said he cannot get it right now but didnt rule out him getting it, he said his dist. ppl said they cannot get it right now so im gonna call verizon again and ask them just exactly wtf they are doing telling me its released but noone seems to be able to get it. been checking Bestbuy.com daily too to see if they update products at all. it seems like its likely that post from earlier about it only coming into stores the 21st might be more right than anything.

Two days ago I got a Best Buy employee to look it up in the system. He said he sees it in there and they are definitely getting it, but he doesn't know when.

Quote Originally Posted by JDangles View Post
    Two days ago I got a Best Buy employee to look it up in the system. He said he sees it in there and they are definitely getting it, but he doesn't know when.
    Sweet I should check best buy.com in a few weeks I guess.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

For those who are wondering what it may cost off-contract, Alltell sells it off-contract for $450.00, and $130.00 on-contract. Maybe that will give a ballpark for ya.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy615 View Post
    For those who are wondering what it may cost off-contract, Alltell sells it off-contract for $450.00, and $130.00 on-contract. Maybe that will give a ballpark for ya.
    Interesting. I called an Alltel store shortly after it released to ask if I could buy it off contract, and they said that wasn't possible. (I have no doubt you're right, just saying what happened for me.)

Checked Best Buy today nothing there on there web site. Also I checked HTC web site the merge is not there also. I wonder whats up with that? Do you guys have any thoughts?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast