Rooting htc Merge

KoohKoohBird

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know about rooting the merge... used unrevoked for my desire.... only other 1click I know is super1click..... but also can follow directions, anyway thought I'd start the topic....

Sent from my cleaner BravoC using Tapatalk with less mud...

Cm7.0.3

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
SuperOneClick is not working and does not get the merge rooted. The ONLY way at the moment to get temp root is Visionary+.

KoohKoohBird

May 5, 2011
Visit site
That temp root is pretty useless, I guess you can use titanium backup tho.....? What is temp root for?

Cm7.0.3

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That temp root is pretty useless, I guess you can use titanium backup tho.....? What is temp root for?

Cm7.0.3

yes you can backup and tether and overclock and run apps that require root. I agree perm root would be better but this is the best I know of right now.

KoohKoohBird

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Can you even overclock if not running a custom kernel?

And yes o/c meant overclock

Cm7.0.3

ballyhoo

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Can't overclock the Merge when temp-rooted with visionary. I use it for the wireless tether feature and I was able to install and use netflix. I'm not sure if I was root when I installed netflix so I'm not sure if it matters.

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Can't overclock the Merge when temp-rooted with visionary. I use it for the wireless tether feature and I was able to install and use netflix. I'm not sure if I was root when I installed netflix so I'm not sure if it matters.

I've got temp root with visionary but how did you get netflix? I have been hunting for that info for a while and would be so happy if I could stream movies. Did you just get the app to work on your phone so you could update your Que or was you able to stream?

KoohKoohBird

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I installed Netflix on my gf's unrooted desire and it works fine first try.... all I did is install the apk with the package installer.... been over a month ago now.... don't understand how people are having problems with it.... but it could just because the desire is so closely related to the nexus One that Netflix is confused!

Don't know plus it's not that necessary if you have a computer I've only used it once or twice on my phone, yet that being said it is nice to play audio from documentaries in the, background at work....
Listened to the dark side of the moon interviews the other day with my phone connected to external speakers very good for that.. but I'd rather watch movies from my laptop to my TV

Cm7.0.3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21