Just got 23 hours use with stock battery

countthestars

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
So I recently decided to calibrate my phone battery by charging up to 100% with the phone on and then turning the phone off and allowing it to charge to 100% then turning it back on allowing it go to 100% and turning the phone off one more time to 100% charge and turning it on and disconnecting the power. I didn't use the phone at all for the first hour minus one text message sent and after that hour I was still at 100% after 2 hours I was at 99%, 3 hours I was at 97%. I then browsed the web, installed a new keyboard on my phone, texted some, made a phone call and played angry birds. I was at 92%. Installed a couple more apps, made a 4 min phone call, used whatsapp and google voice to send a couple of texts and browsed the web and played words with friends for 10 min until I went to bed. Woke up the next day and used tapatalk, send a couple of texts on whatsapp, took a picture on the camera, browsed the web and played angry birds for a bit. I then installed a new web browser (dolphin) and was changing the settings on the phone...23 hours after my last charge, my phone is finally at 2%.

I had 4g and background services turned on for all 23 hours (I have excellent 4g in my area and never switch between 3g and 4g). GPS, bluetooth and wifi were turned off the whole time. Also my phone is not rooted. I have display set to a minimum and dont have a live wallpaper.

Last edited:

drego74

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This is great news. I will have to try out your charging regimen. At worst I will get at least 12 hours. I still believe the battery life on the Charge far exceeds what other LTE phones are currently offering.

On a side bar. I was one of those people on the fence about waiting for the Bionic and pulled the trigger on the Charge. All I can say is that I am more than pleased. My sentiments on the whole subject is that no matter all of the hype on the Bionic, it still will be unproven technology and there is no way a dual-core processor is not going to eat up a battery in comparison to a single core.

(I am directly making the correlation between 4g phones only)

turkishcoffee

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been really pleased and satisfied with the battery life on my Charge. I manage my battery life by using WIFI when possible and only turning on mobile data, bluetooth, GPS etc. when I want to use them. I use my phone moderately each day (messaging, checking email, couple of short phone calls, some music streaming, some web browsing, some kindle) and I can usually go every other day before needing to charge the phone. The biggest power drains are the display and data usage on 3G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois