Bluetooth - remove a device profile from Charge

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I use a few bluetooth devices with the Charge and recently got ride of some BT stereo headphones. I want to delete the profile for these headphones off my Charge but see now way to do so. I've looked in the user manual and played with the Bluetooth settings menu as well.

fundragon

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I want to delete the profile for these headphones off my Charge but see now way to do so

When I long-press a paired device, a menu pops up with the "Unpair" option. If you get the same thing, you should be able to un-pair the headphones, which should delete the profile.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
When I long-press a paired device, a menu pops up with the "Unpair" option. If you get the same thing, you should be able to un-pair the headphones, which should delete the profile.

Unpairing only seems to do just that, unpair it. It doesn't delete the profile. The item/device is still listed.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to Samsung CS and deleting a bluetooth profile from a phone cannot be done unless you have the device. So for those who loose their bluetooth device or get rid of it like I did, you're out of luck unless you do a factory reset.

headake#AC

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Go to bluetooth settings and press the device you want removed and choose unpair. Then turn your bluetooth device on .Next select scan devices and it will remove the device you had unpaired.

nuncio.bitis

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this isn't working. I have 2 non-existent devices that I want to remove.
I "unpair" each of them, then re-scan. They disappear from the list.
Then I turn off BT, then turn it back on. Both devices are now back on the list, showing up as paired. How do you actually delete these devices and stop them from "pairing" every time BT is turned on?

AVWC

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I see this all too often in my line of work...tech support...
Usually what seems to work...go to...
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select the "ALL" tab > Select available option (Bluetooth) or (Bluetooth Share) > Select either [Clear Data] or [Clear Cache]

Once you do that turn the phone off!

Seems to work well!

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I see this all too often in my line of work...tech support...
Usually what seems to work...go to...
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select the "ALL" tab > Select available option (Bluetooth) or (Bluetooth Share) > Select either [Clear Data] or [Clear Cache]

Once you do that turn the phone off!

Seems to work well!

I have the "Bluetooth Share" option, however, all the buttons were greyed out, including clear data & clear share.

Catherine Ives

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Search on plantronics support for re-pairing vs new pairing. When you turn on the headset, you have to hold the call button for ~6 secs until it toggles red and blue. Make your phone visible for discovery, then scan and/ or choose the plt 50 on the list of devices on ypur phone. It should re-pair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech