Typing and the space bar

mcbrett

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I type- I inadvertently add periods to my sentences because the space bar is so small. Does anyone else have this issue and is there an app I can download with a better keyboard? I have been searching over so many keyboard apps- but none of them address the space bar issue.

Thanks

coney27

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I type- I inadvertently add periods to my sentences because the space bar is so small. Does anyone else have this issue and is there an app I can download with a better keyboard? I have been searching over so many keyboard apps- but none of them address the space bar issue.

Thanks
i.have.the.same.exact.issue.

my sentences normally look like that :mad:

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
same problem here. tried swype and didn't like it. why did they not leave out the period and just auto punctuate on a spacebar double press.

kadiir

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Swiftkey X beta and have the same problem :(

I also hate how it won't let me put 2 spaces after a period. I'm very anal about those 2 spaces :)

Last edited:

jono119

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded the gingerbread keyboard from the market and it also puts a period after hitting space twice but u can take that setting off in the GB keyboard

marcel925#AC

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Mcbrett, you hit the nail on the head when you asked if there is a "better keyboard". That's excatly the app you should search for in the market. Type in better keyboard in the search and you'll be good to go. I've been using it since I had my fascinate and had to start using it again because of the Charge's midget spacebar and the periods I kept dumping in my sentences.

Reactions: expidia

waterfrontmgmt

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
are you talking about the better keyboard 8 free version?

Mcbrett, you hit the nail on the head when you asked if there is a "better keyboard". That's excatly the app you should search for in the market. Type in better keyboard in the search and you'll be good to go. I've been using it since I had my fascinate and had to start using it again because of the Charge's midget spacebar and the periods I kept dumping in my sentences.

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
You guys still type? The voice to text works so well for me I rarely touch the keyboard except to hit the microphone button.....:)

bryanb7

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Always having the period problem as well. Try using swype. Samsung had it built in for a reason, they knew their stock keyboard would suck.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

try swift key. It works great.

Thanks

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Plus one for keyboard pro. Got rid of the punctuation and have a giant spacebar now. Much better.

Sent from my Droid Charge.

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey x. Rarely even have to use the spacebar once you get used to it. Plus it has the best word prediction out there. Never liked swype- feels a bit awkward and it makes my thumb hurt when I use it too long.

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey x. Rarely even have to use the spacebar once you get used to it. Plus it has the best word prediction out there. Never liked swype- feels a bit awkward and it makes my thumb hurt when I use it too long.

Can you explain the difference because I couldn't figure it out.

Sent from my Droid Charge.

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey is awesome. I used swipe and I hated how it predicts text. SwiftKey puts the predictive text in an easy to reach spot. Love it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084