Lag issues, all of the sudden...

fundragon

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I've seen an extraordinary amount of lag on my phone recently... I just figured I had reached critical mass on the number of applications installed, or something...
At one point I had added two extra Gmail accounts, one of which I was using to route my home e-mail, and the initial download was somewhere around 4,000 e-mail messages... my lag has improved somewhat since I got rid of the extra accounts.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone think this is related to the SD Card?

I took a couple of pics last night and just finished trying to send them in an email. I couldn't get the dang pictures to load... just received a "Loading Image" or a black screen when I tried to open them. Flipping through my gallery is useless right now, it just locks up or shows black screens when I try to go to the next image.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured this out yet. I'm lagging again... having to restart my phone frequently and screen lock-ups.

Good thing I only have 20+ months left on my contract........

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have another sd card you could try? You could try taking out your sd card, copying everything to your computer and reformatting it to see if that's the issue.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you have another sd card you could try? You could try taking out your sd card, copying everything to your computer and reformatting it to see if that's the issue.

I'll give that a shot. I don't have another card that I could try.... shoot, I don't even know if I have a card reader to fit the SD. I'll have to do some digging.

Is there a general cache that I should be clearing, or something?

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll give that a shot. I don't have another card that I could try.... shoot, I don't even know if I have a card reader to fit the SD. I'll have to do some digging.

Is there a general cache that I should be clearing, or something?

Don't know what the cause may be. The card could have issues.

You should be able to just use your usb to transfer your stuff. Does the charge have format card built in? Look under sdcard or storage in settings. If not it can be done on the computer.

You could also connect you phone usb via the cable. Right click on the usb drive, go to tools and try the 'Error Checking' option, and defragment option. You do not have to clear anything to do this. It checks for bad sectors and stuff.

It's all just an idea to try. Not sure if this will cure you issue, but you wouldn't be the first on with a wacky usb card.

bmann

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My Charge has suddenly developed a lag but only on launching my home page on Go Launcher: all i see is the active wallpaper for 5 seconds, and then the icons and widgets suddenly appear. The other programs seem to run normally. I have no task killer, and the only home page widgets i have are GTasks and BusinessCalendar. I havent added any new widgets, but i wonder if a recent Go Launcher update is the cause? I may try uninstalling Go Launcher and then reinstalling it but i will wait to see if other solutions for the lag show up in this post.

joopers

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I was having similar issues so I installed Cache Cleaner NG from the market and have it set to clean the cache every morning, it seems to have taken care of the lag issues.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't know what the cause may be. The card could have issues.

You should be able to just use your usb to transfer your stuff. Does the charge have format card built in? Look under sdcard or storage in settings. If not it can be done on the computer.

You could also connect you phone usb via the cable. Right click on the usb drive, go to tools and try the 'Error Checking' option, and defragment option. You do not have to clear anything to do this. It checks for bad sectors and stuff.

It's all just an idea to try. Not sure if this will cure you issue, but you wouldn't be the first on with a wacky usb card.

I'm giving it a shot... but dang, it's been an hour and a half and its still not done. Hopefully this thing wraps up soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital