droid charge messaging

jeffreyb77

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to see if anyone knows a way to remove the messenger icon at the bottom of the screen and replace it with another type of sms/mms system. I have handcent i'm using at this point and would like to remove or completely disable the droid messenger that is pre installed by defalt

Daemonax

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Use a different launcher, such as ADW, GoLauncher, or LauncherPro. You will then have full control over how your home screen looks. Warning, you won't be able to use the Touchwiz widgets, but there are plenty of alternatives in the market.

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to see if anyone knows a way to remove the messenger icon at the bottom of the screen and replace it with another type of sms/mms system. I have handcent i'm using at this point and would like to remove or completely disable the droid messenger that is pre installed by defalt

From the home screen, hit "Applications" to open up all your apps. Once you hit the little gear icon in the upper left hand corner, you'll be able to replace the first three icons on the very bottom of the screen.

I don't see why you'd need a 3rd party launcher when TouchWiz is pretty standalone and decent itself...

Reactions: expidia

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I've gone through Launcher Pro and Go Launcher Go Launcher seems to be slow.

How is ADW Launcher what are the pros and conS?

Daemonax

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
How is ADW Launcher what are the pros and conS?

There are plenty of reviews of ADW out there, but there are a couple of options that pulled me away from LauncherPro quite awhile ago. I like to hide my status bar and show notifications with a swype down anywhere on the screen. I like to make the background of the app drawer completely transparent. I also like that I can categorize my apps in groups and put shortcuts to those groups on the home screen. Other widgets do this much better, but these groups get restored after I flash, where the widgets had to be replaced. I purchased the Ex version to get screen transitions and to support the dev, of course.

To be fair, I've not run GoLauncher, but I hear good things about it. Neither of the others were laggy for me, but I've never run stock for more than an hour. ADWLauncher Ex is as fast as I could want it on the latest GummyCharged GBE (thanks to kejar31!). I, currently, have no reason to look elsewhere.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
From the home screen, hit "Applications" to open up all your apps. Once you hit the little gear icon in the upper left hand corner, you'll be able to replace the first three icons on the very bottom of the screen.

I don't see why you'd need a 3rd party launcher when TouchWiz is pretty standalone and decent itself...

This.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge