1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car Charger for Droid Charge

My wife had this charger for her LG enV Touch:

Will this also work for charging her Droid Charge? It has the same connection.

Default Re: Car Charger for Droid Charge

Quote Originally Posted by andunn31 View Post
    My wife had this charger for her LG enV Touch:

Will this also work for charging her Droid Charge? It has the same connection.
    Yes. I use my OG Droid car charger for my Charge.
    [Every time a phone gets rooted, an angel gets its wings.]
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Yes. I use my OG Droid car charger for my Charge.
    Awesome! Saved me a few bucks!

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I am using the cheapo car charger that came with it from Costco and it works really well.

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0.4 Rooted

Generic chargers, VZW's charger included, will indeed charge the phone without any problems. However, if you're using battery-intensive apps such as GPS, or running multiple semi-intensive apps at once, the VZW charger won't be able to keep up with the depletion of the battery. In other words, your battery will still drain even though it's plugged in. There's been a lot of talk about this on the forums and the concensus is that you're going to need a charger that pushes at least 1 ampere of electricity (1,000 mAh). The VZW charger pushes 750 mAh.

ROM
    Altered Beast V4

May want to look into one of these rapid rate charger cause if your on 4g and gps this seemed to slowly give me a charge then

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by rescueswimmer View Post
    May want to look into one of these rapid rate charger cause if your on 4g and gps this seemed to slowly give me a charge then

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
    This is the best charger ever! I've had it since last year, and it's still going strong! From Dincy to Fassy to Chargy.

Quote Originally Posted by rescueswimmer View Post

Just purchased this charger about a week ago. Works REALLY WELL!!! Also, can't beat the price. One note of caution, though - plugging the charger/phone into the auxiliary charger port, the battery may overheat and the charging will pause. Use the primary port (I used it with GPS on the trip from NY to PA, almost 3 hours, no overheating, battery stayed at 100%).