Returning back to Stock ROM

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I do not have a backup of the Charge stock delivered ROM. I didn't take one prior to flashing Gummy Charged. For any reason, if I have to return the phone to Verizon (e.g hardware faults) in the first 30 days, I'm guessing I will have to re-flash it with the Stock ROM.

What are options of getting an extract of the stock ROM? Or its not possible?

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I do not have a backup of the Charge stock delivered ROM. I didn't take one prior to flashing Gummy Charged. For any reason, if I have to return the phone to Verizon (e.g hardware faults) in the first 30 days, I'm guessing I will have to re-flash it with the Stock ROM.

What are options of getting an extract of the stock ROM? Or its not possible?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-charge-rooting-roms-hacks/94787-how-return-stock-full-modem-ed2-odin-package-last-resort-fix.html#post1007763

Im not saying you shouldn't return it to stock, but I didn't do it when I exchanged phones before and was completely fine. I have never heard of anyone having a problem when they returned their rooted phone with custom ROMs...

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's a zip file that you can flash through CWM rather than Odin (I'm more comfortable with CWM). If you have voodoo lagfix enabled you MUST!!! disable it before flashing any non voodoo ROM. In order to disable it, connect your phone to your PC and go into the sdcard/voodoo directory and create a folder named "disable lagfix", then disconnect from pc and reboot your phone. You will hear the creepy robot lady talking and it should take 2-15 minutes to complete. Once this is done, you may flash ED1 with CWM. Download ED1 at the link to return to stock then OTA update to EE4 if you want to flash another ROM. If you try to go straight to EE4 you will get an sd card mounting error (well I did anyway).

Stock ROMs

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's a zip file that you can flash through CWM rather than Odin (I'm more comfortable with CWM). If you have voodoo lagfix enabled you MUST!!! disable it before flashing any non voodoo ROM. In order to disable it, connect your phone to your PC and go into the sdcard/voodoo directory and create a folder named "disable lagfix", then disconnect from pc and reboot your phone. You will hear the creepy robot lady talking and it should take 2-15 minutes to complete. Once this is done, you may flash ED1 with CWM. Download ED1 at the link to return to stock then OTA update to EE4 if you want to flash another ROM. If you try to go straight to EE4 you will get an sd card mounting error (well I did anyway).

Stock ROMs

If I wanted to just try it out to see the difference... After the phone reboots I assume I can just delete the "disable lagfix" folder and reboot again, and it will re-enable it?

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If I wanted to just try it out to see the difference... After the phone reboots I assume I can just delete the "disable lagfix" folder and reboot again, and it will re-enable it?

Although I've never tried it (I've only flashed kernels which include voodoo), it looks like deleting everything in sdcard/voodoo except the /logs folder will enable lagfix again when the phone is rebooted.

Source: How Do You Enable Lagfix?

Reactions: Anderain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy