Using bluetooth, with voice dial, really sucks!!!!

wetwaterdog

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
has anyone else figured out that when using a bluetooth headset and using the voice dial, that either Google or samsung's implementation of this really sucks.

Click the headset, say the name.....and guess what.....if the phone thinks you said someone else, it really doesn't matter....no way to confirm the correct persons name....IT JUST DIALS IT ANYWAY.

What is wrong with them....unless they can guarantee 100% accuracy when speaking to select the correct name, then they should NOT just do an auto dial.

Rant off....

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
has anyone else figured out that when using a bluetooth headset and using the voice dial, that either Google or samsung's implementation of this really sucks.

Click the headset, say the name.....and guess what.....if the phone thinks you said someone else, it really doesn't matter....no way to confirm the correct persons name....IT JUST DIALS IT ANYWAY.

What is wrong with them....unless they can guarantee 100% accuracy when speaking to select the correct name, then they should NOT just do an auto dial.

Rant off....

wish I knew how to get this across to someone who can actually get this fixed.. I never use it which really crimps the usefullness of the phone when driving..

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me once and it dialed an old boss whose number was still in my contacts for some reason. It was a boss I have no interest in ever talking to again, lol. I'm glad he didn't answer or call back.

Obviously, yes I agree this is a real functionality concern. Might I suggest to the OP to post this complaint on the VZ community forum. I don't know if it will do any good, but it is monitored.