Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Default Charge dropping calls

So all of the sudden my Charge has started dropping 3-4 phone calls a day for no reason. Can be when in a car or standing still, it just cuts off. Any ideas on how to fix?? TIA
    Droid Charge
    Eclipse v1.2/ imnuts PBJ OTB Edn
    If you like what I say, hit the Thanks button!

Default Re: Charge dropping calls

Is it just dropping calls or are you getting garbled call quality too? I have been having problems with dropped calls and broken and garbled call quality for the last 3 weeks. I have noticed that it only does it when I have wifi or bluetooth turned on, if they are turned all then my phone works fine. I call Verizon tech support over a week ago and they not fixed anything yet, they have had me mark my phone calls, but they do not know yet what is causing the poor phone calls. I switch to a new sim card and that didn't make any difference. I think the next step is that they are going to send me a different phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

No the call just dies but when I pull the phone away from my ear the timer is still going like there is a live call, however it has ended for the person on the other end.
    Droid Charge

Quote Originally Posted by jkeene81 View Post
    So all of the sudden my Charge has started dropping 3-4 phone calls a day for no reason. Can be when in a car or standing still, it just cuts off. Any ideas on how to fix?? TIA
    How many bars do you have when this happens? You may want to have the unit checked out at a Verizon store.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by jkeene81 View Post
    No the call just dies but when I pull the phone away from my ear the timer is still going like there is a live call, however it has ended for the person on the other end.
    granted I have only had the phone a few days after the switch from the fassy but I have yet to miss a call where before I missed quite a few
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Called Verizon, had to flash back to stock and take it in, they put new SIM card in and seems to have worked!
    Droid Charge
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

good, glad it was a quick fix.