Gingerbread

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well to say the least, this is getting discouraging. Don't get me wrong, I love my Charge, but I also loved my Droid X which when I upgraded to the Charge was running gingerbread and loved it. I went with the Charge for the 4G even though it was still running froyo in hopes that it would soon get gingerbread. Well here we still sit on froyo. Yes I could be like a lot of other people and root, but it would be my luck that I would brick the phone so I will stick with stock. I just wish that whoever is holding up the works gets off their duff and get it done and out!

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Is there something wrong with you? The Samsung Droid Charge is an AWESOME PRODUCT!!!!

For those having trouble with bluetooth...consider that you might have crappy bluetooth products. My bluetooth syncs like a dream, though it happens to also be made by Samsung. But I do a lot of syncing to other people's phones for various file transfers and there has never been a problem no matter who makes the phone.

In fact I have had none of the problems I hear from people, and I think I know the reason why. It all comes down to love. You must show your beastly creature of a phone the love that it deserves.
I LOVE my Charge and send it positive energy all day.
Consider this...I've been on my phone all day and between texts and calls, emails and internet IN A FRINGE AREA mind you, I've only gone down 38% in battery life. Over 14 hours folks. Forget about Gingerbread....as John Lennon said, "love is all you need".

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

While the Charge may be a decent phone it has some major issues that are highly annoying.

1. GPS works when it feels like it, literally. Sometimes it takes upwards of 5 minutes to lock in.
2. Bluetooth just doesn't agree with Sync in my Ford Fusion. My old Droid X, my wifes iPhone, my brothers Evo and my iPad 2 all have absolutely no problem connecting to it but for some reason this damn Charge takes a bunch of extra steps to get it working... annoying.
3. 4G/3G is a major, MAJOR annoyance. I live in Philadelphia, a supposed expanded 4G market, I work Downtown from 9-5, there's no reason why my 4G should be off half the time... Now if 4G just went off and switched to 3G and that was the only problem i'd be content, I could deal with that. The thing sometimes takes like 30 seconds to a minute between switching before I can get data again... On top of that sometimes it just drops data all together for 5 minutes or so at a time and I have to turn airplane mode on then back off to resolve it.

Annoying as hell... kinda having buyers regret.

Arizone

May 11, 2011
Visit site
While the Charge may be a decent phone it has some major issues that are highly annoying.

1. GPS works when it feels like it, literally. Sometimes it takes upwards of 5 minutes to lock in.
2. Bluetooth just doesn't agree with Sync in my Ford Fusion. My old Droid X, my wifes iPhone, my brothers Evo and my iPad 2 all have absolutely no problem connecting to it but for some reason this damn Charge takes a bunch of extra steps to get it working... annoying.
3. 4G/3G is a major, MAJOR annoyance. I live in Philadelphia, a supposed expanded 4G market, I work Downtown from 9-5, there's no reason why my 4G should be off half the time... Now if 4G just went off and switched to 3G and that was the only problem i'd be content, I could deal with that. The thing sometimes takes like 30 seconds to a minute between switching before I can get data again... On top of that sometimes it just drops data all together for 5 minutes or so at a time and I have to turn airplane mode on then back off to resolve it.

I haven't touched my gps or bluetooth much, but here in Phoenix and surrounding areas I've experienced only a few changes with data, but as you mentioned it does merely switch to 3G and remains connected just fine. I'm sure it's more of a case by case basis.

dressagerider

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you!! I am having MAJOR problems with 4G/3G in my area and also a host of lag and data issues. I am on my 4th charge and ALL have had the same issues.

I am beginning ot think this phone is a piece of junk. Buyers remorse 100%

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The charge does have a lot of problems, Samsung will update it. I was thinking around late August but now i'm thinking like November because Samsung is so slow.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
The charge does have a lot of problems, Samsung will update it. I was thinking around late August but now i'm thinking like November because Samsung is so slow.

Samsung is bad, Verizon adds to the problem. The Galaxy Tab wifi only got a major update a few weeks ago but the Verizon model is still in "testing"

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well yet another phone getting gingerbread and here we still sit. This is getting frustrating, no, beyond frustrating, down right aggravating. Come on Samsung and Verizon, let's get it together!

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
the unofficial official version (aka another leak) was released the other day by p3droid. Everyone says it is stable and ready for primetime. It won't be long now....

If your antsy, you check check the link over in the developers section....

dj_spore

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
What are the chances the new touchwiz gets pushed when gingerbread does?

The ep1w leak has a different touchwiz, I think it's the new one. It doesn't seem as stable as ep1q to me, I've had it a day and it's crashed twice. I'm going to try re-flashing...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think that it must be a bad flash...I put this on a friends phone and he just told me he hasnt had major problems. It does seem to be a different touchwiz but I havent played with it enough to know...

Fifty9Dunes

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
debloated EP1W has the XDA tweak of TW - they call it TW4.5

this leak, which is probably official (they dropped the "W" from the build number), is lightning fast, the gps actually works (yes, you read that right), and battery life is about 17 hours.

if you have been holding out on flashing, now might be the time to give it a whirl - this was my first time rooting a samsung - and they really are as easy to root/flash as everyone says - about 20 minutes from EE4 start to finish.

have fun!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
wont be long now, any day now, right around the corner ;)

it's funny how many times these things have been said since this thread was started in July

I bet we will get it after samsung releases their next phone on Verizon, that way the people who really want a new OS will buy another phone from them (just my conspiracy theory)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12