Question: Samsung's pattern lock screen time out

jschecter

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
How do you change the length of time before pattern/pin password shows up?

I'd like to have my Charge set up to have a screen off time of 30s to save battery. But I hate the fact that every time my screen shuts off I have to put in my pattern password again.

I know on HTC phones it's possible to set different times for screen off and lock screen activation via the setting "lock screen after X minutes of inactivity". Is this just not possible to do on Samsung devices?

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
How do you change the length of time before pattern/pin password shows up?

I'd like to have my Charge set up to have a screen off time of 30s to save battery. But I hate the fact that every time my screen shuts off I have to put in my pattern password again.

I know on HTC phones it's possible to set different times for screen off and lock screen activation via the setting "lock screen after X minutes of inactivity". Is this just not possible to do on Samsung devices?

Settings >Display> Scroll down to screen timeout>choice the limit.

jschecter

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Settings >Display> Scroll down to screen timeout>choice the limit.

I believe that just changes the length of time the screen stays on. I'm looking for something different.

Say I'm reading something on my phone but my screen is set to timeout at 30s, so it turns off. Now when I want to turn it back on, the screen will ask me for a pattern lock password. I only want the pattern password to show up if the phone has been inactive for 10mins, not every time the screen times out.