Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Desktop charger - display

    Every night I put the phone in the desktop charger to charge the phone. After I put in the cradle, I press the on/off button to turn off the display. A couple times a week, always seems to be around 1am, the display turns on and wakes me up. I cannot figure out how to get this to stop or what would case this to happen. Would email do this? Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Desktop charger - display

    Quote Originally Posted by tradercj View Post
    Every night I put the phone in the desktop charger to charge the phone. After I put in the cradle, I press the on/off button to turn off the display. A couple times a week, always seems to be around 1am, the display turns on and wakes me up. I cannot figure out how to get this to stop or what would case this to happen. Would email do this? Thanks in advance.
    Mine does this when it finishes charging the battery. My guess is there's no way to disable it.
  3. #3  
    ncbryan's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop charger - display

    I am thinking that I want a desktop charger so my display stays on! Was on vacation last week and wanted to use the phone as clock in bedroom. Hit the desktop icon and with phone just plugged in it kept falling asleep so I couldn't see time. Will the desktop charger keep the display on all the time?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Desktop charger - display

    I found this on another forum to enable hidden menus and disable the full battery pop up you are speaking of. Give it a try. I used it with a different menu code to disable the keyboard press clicking. Hope it helps.

    Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
    Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
    Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
    Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

    To disable the full battery pop up, go back into your dialer and type in *#3844228#, check the box

    and then hit your home button.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Desktop charger - display

    Quote Originally Posted by ncbryan View Post
    I am thinking that I want a desktop charger so my display stays on! Was on vacation last week and wanted to use the phone as clock in bedroom. Hit the desktop icon and with phone just plugged in it kept falling asleep so I couldn't see time. Will the desktop charger keep the display on all the time?
    Yes, I have the desktop charger and it never goes off unless I change the setting.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Desktop charger - display

    Quote Originally Posted by mshipek View Post
    I found this on another forum to enable hidden menus and disable the full battery pop up you are speaking of. Give it a try. I used it with a different menu code to disable the keyboard press clicking. Hope it helps.

    Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
    Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
    Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
    Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

    To disable the full battery pop up, go back into your dialer and type in *#3844228#, check the box

    and then hit your home button.
    Thanks, I will give the codes a try. I never thought the display was turning on when it reached a full charge. Guess I sleep sounder some nights than others. (Must be the beer)

    The clock does stays very dim all night, I have not tried it as an alarm clock yet. The desktop charger comes with an extra battery, and was about $10 more that an extra battery, so it was a no brainer. You can charge 2 batteries at once, plus it stands the phone up, which is what I loved about the Thunderbolt.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Desktop charger - display

    I take my desktop charger with me when I travel, which is weekly. It works great as an alarm clock that stays on all night. The screen changes after a while to a screen saver type clock that floats around the screen. It isn't quite as bright due to no icons.

    The other thing I did was to click on the brightness icon located at the upper right of the screen while it is in the cradle. It remembers this setting and isn't so blinding at night.
  8. #8  
    ncbryan's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop charger - display

    Quote Originally Posted by mshipek View Post
    I found this on another forum to enable hidden menus and disable the full battery pop up you are speaking of. Give it a try. I used it with a different menu code to disable the keyboard press clicking. Hope it helps.

    Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
    Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
    Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
    Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

    To disable the full battery pop up, go back into your dialer and type in *#3844228#, check the box

    and then hit your home button.
    Worked like a charm. Amazing!

    Thanks for the tip.


    After further review I had the box checked and it STILL did the Droid fully charged sound. I am rebooting so maybe that will help.
    Last edited by ncbryan; 07-26-2011 at 02:59 PM.
  9. #9  
    expidia's Avatar

    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop charger - display

    Quote Originally Posted by ncbryan View Post
    Worked like a charm. Amazing!

    Thanks for the tip.


    After further review I had the box checked and it STILL did the Droid fully charged sound. I am rebooting so maybe that will help.
    Oh, it takes you through the steps OK but it did not silence my Charge's battery full alert when I tried those hidden menu's 2 weeks ago.

    The article in that forum also said it does not work on many Charge's. I think it works on devices that are rooted.

    I bet yours chimes away again tonight after it reaches full charge. Mine still does and it's really annoying when it does it cause you think someones sending you a text or email!

    For those that want more control of your Dock there is a free download in the marketplace called "Night Dock".
    Samsung Droid Charge on VZ
  10. #10  

    Default

    I disabled charge full sound by deselecting notifications in settings

Posting Permissions