Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar for overnight shifts

Hi - I'm new here, and I got my first phone with a data plan a couple weeks ago. I love the way I can put in my shifts on Google calendar but when I sync into my Charge, my overnight shifts don't show up as blocks on my weekly view and on my list view, it takes quite a bit of time to figure out when these shifts are because it lists the same shift in both days.

It looks like this is an old issue because basically overnight shifts don't show up in blocks. There is a workaround by putting the shift in two segments, one til 1159 and then start it the next day, but I was hoping there was another calendar that would do the job for me (and maybe syncs with Google). Basically I want to go into my week or month view, look at a day and know that I am working that night or finishing up the morning part of my shift without having to work as hard at it as I have to now. Anyone know of something that will work?

Default Re: Calendar for overnight shifts

I have to put in a plug for my favorite calendar, Business Calendar made by Mikado. I'm not sure if it's on the market, but you can get it at the amazon app store (go to amazon.com to set that up if you haven't already). It costs a few bucks, but it is really a nice calendar that syncs with google and will show overnight events in blocks the way you described.

ROM
    De-crap 1.1

I use a caledner called Jorte and it sounds like it makes blocks like you're looking for. It also syncs with google and is free!

not sure if it'd be perfect for overnight shifts, but it works great for me when i have to be out of town for 2 or three nights

I have both jorte and business calendar and I love them both. I too work.overnight, jorte does a.great job and shows up in blocks. It especially helps when you are viewing the month at a time calendar. You can clearly see the overnight over.the course of 2 days. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Blackberry 8320? OLD > blackberry 8703e > blackberry curve > blackberry Storm 2 > Samsung Fascinate>Droid Charge
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the recommendations! I installed both. They're both pretty good, but I like how in the month view, Jorte shows how an overnight shift overlaps into the next day whereas Business calendar in text view just lists the same event on both days which can be quite confusing. I'm going to fool around with both for a while.