Serious bluetooth issues

MaxBuck2

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Something that has worked for me in pairing with my car's Bluetooth set: When you start your phone or restart bluetooth go to Settings>Applications>Running Services. Look for the Service "BluetoothPbapService;" tap it, then hit stop. This removes it from the list. Afterward the phone and Bluetooth device seem to be able to communicate properly.

Can you explain further what this is and how/why it helps?
Best I can do is cite the Wikipedia listing for PbapService:

"Phone Book Access (PBA)[2] or Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) is a profile that allows exchange of Phone Book Objects between devices. It is likely to be used between a car kit and a mobile phone to:
allow the car kit to display the name of the incoming caller;
allow the car kit to download the phone book so the user can initiate a call from the car display."

I think what may happen is a miscommunication between the phone and the receiving unit (car, headset, whatever) that can be avoided if this service is stopped. More than that I can't speculate upon.

Last edited:

jglor

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just to add to this, I have similar problems. Often when I turn my headset on, the phone won't see it. I have to turn Bluetooth off and then back on, and then it will see the headset.
I also have the problem where the person can't hear me, but I can hear them.
Occasionally (and this only happens in the middle of a call), we can't hear each other at all, but if I use they number pad, they can hear the touch tones, and I can hear the tones if they use theirs (so it's not a matter of the call being dropped, we are still connected, it's just the audio that's gone).
Switching off the headset during the call does not fix this, I always have to hang up and call back.
Edit: Forgot to mention what kind of headset I have. It's a Motorola H721

LinkinPrime

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Something that has worked for me in pairing with my car's Bluetooth set: When you start your phone or restart bluetooth go to Settings>Applications>Running Services. Look for the Service "BluetoothPbapService;" tap it, then hit stop. This removes it from the list. Afterward the phone and Bluetooth device seem to be able to communicate properly.

I've been having problems with mine where it disconnects and connects over and over again while on call. Your solution worked perfectly. Thank you so much, now I can use my plantronics car speaker again!

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I read over a xda that you could freeze the bluetooth share and it would help with this issue. Haven't tested it out yet but its worth a shot. You would have to have root to do this though.

richof

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having similar issues with Factory Installed bluetooth on a 2010 Hyundai Sante Fe. Santa Fe's bluetooth is fantastic. Best I have ever used in any vehicle. With the Droid Charge, I am experiencing all of the listed issues. Caller can't hear me, frequent disconnects, frequent non connects, crazy phonebook download times. All the issues are definetly the Droid not the car. Car has worked flawlessly with other phones.

jpdraven

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had 7 count them 7 Samsung Charge phones.

Here's the root of the problem(s)........ Operating System Updates.

My phone worked FLAWLESSLY until the first firmware update was sent to the phone. Since then EVERY SINGLE CHARGE has had issues. The most recent is an update sent at the end of April 2012.

The newest problem..... Bluetooth is roached. IF I am on a call and enter the car the phone pairs to my Kenwood DNX6960 as normal, BUT I can hear the caller and they cant hear me. I am forced to use speakerphone in order for them to hear me. The same is true if I am in the car and make or receive a call. While in car Bluetooth works BUT when you try to exit the car the caller cannot hear me if I switch to the handset. ONLY speakerphone works to continue the call after exiting the vehicle. This is the most annoying thing ever considering it worked flawlessly BEFORE the firmware update took place. I am livid with Verizon.

I have 2 Charges here right now. Both of which do this. I hard reset the phone and it worked until I turned the car off and the phone unpaired. It's ridiculous.

There are KNOWN issues with firmware updates being sent to the Samsung model phones. They work 100% FLAWLESS with the Operating System the phone shipped with. As soon as you do an over the air update EXPECT PROBLEMS.

Another problem which is still not fixed since firmware update 1 is the camera. If you take pics with flash on the phone locks up and you're forced to pull the battery to get the phone back on. I tell you this is sick and pathetic that WE the customer does nothing wrong at all and have to suffer because Samsung, Droid, and Verizon can't get on the same page.

The easiest fix in the world is for Verizon to include these options on a firmware update installation..... IGNORE PERMANENTLY option, AND a ROLLBACK option, of which neither is in existence.

I have tested this thoroughly with Samsung and Verizon. The problems all stem from the Firmware updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital