i hear them, they can't hear me

Zzeyfzz

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So I have had the charge for a few weeks, and there are times when I make calls, and the person on the other side can hear me, then puts me on hold, and then the next person picks up to talk to me and can't hear me anymore and hangs up. Or, I'll call and they immediately hang up because they can't hear me. I can hear them perfectly well, and then I look at my phone to see if I muted it with my face (which is not true because the mute button isn't even on the screen at that point) or I curse at my bluetooth speaker if I happen to be calling while I'm driving. I usually just call back and then they can again hear me. This happens at least once a day. The reception is usually in the 2-3 bar range or even max when I am driving around and when I'm at home making calls, there aren't any reception problems.

This has been happening a couple times per day, and I brought it to the verizon store and all they did was hard reset my phone a few days ago and told me to not to download any questionable apps. I've gotten everything off the market or the amazon app store and I haven't heard of anyone getting android viruses anyway. I never had this problem with my just-retired old phone, the Palm Centro. Anyway, this is still happening to me now. Is this a real problem? Or is to be expected with this phone? I don't think this makes any difference, but I'm living in California and still using my old New Jersey cell number. Does that change anything?

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same exact issue... although only with one contact, which is weird. He says that he has no issues with anyone else, either.

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Charge for 24 hours and it just happened with me. I even attempted to call the other person back multiple times, but no avail. Eventually I just pulled the battery and everything was okay again. I do not think I will be keeping the phone; I will go back to my D X2.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It also happen to me twice,once with bluttooth and the other without blutooth.It was with just one contact,also have trouble hearing her volume goes up and down.So when I am on a phone call with her she keeps asking what did I say and I have trouble hearing her. She is with verizon and also has the droid charge.Ive only had the phone a week.Went into verizon about it and they just wanted to do a factory reset,I declined and called customer service and she looked up my issue and said that the gingerbread update coming in mid august would fix call quality issues.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was just on the VZ community forum. This was listed as a known issue that has been escalated to Samsung for resolution. I am not having this issue myself, but thought I would share what I just saw over there.

dressagerider

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second charge and have had the same problem with both. I love this phone!! However, the call quality is not the best and I am hoping this is fixed with an update.

Dnoravian

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
i had this issue a few times when i first bought the phone. it was when i was on bluetooth and i would make a call by selecting a contact and then clicking on a specific number in that contact to dial. Again, it only happened when i was in bluetooth. weird.

fortesquieu

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So did anyone find a fix for this?

I tried 3 different phone numbers just now, all of them had problems hearing me when I was able to hear them find. Not on bluetooth.

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So did anyone find a fix for this?

I tried 3 different phone numbers just now, all of them had problems hearing me when I was able to hear them find. Not on bluetooth.

I had the same issue too when I was on EE4. Since I've been on Gingerbread, I have never had it happen once. It still happens with my husband's when he calls me from his EE4 Charge. Definitely an issue that seems to be fixed with Gingerbread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20