Is Verizon throttling my speeds?

robbob88

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been averaging about 15mbps up until my billing period restarted and now I am consistently getting around 3.7mbps. Sooooo either the 4G network has been slow the past couple days or Verizon is throttling my speeds.

Help :)

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this also. It could also be caused by network overload. The more 4g phones they sell the more clogged the system will get.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Just like a cable internet connection in your neighborhood., the more people using it the slower the speeds will be.

I too have experienced abnormally fast speeds at times but on average i'm about 7mbps down and just over 3 up

bmann

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just like a cable internet connection in your neighborhood., the more people using it the slower the speeds will be.

I too have experienced abnormally fast speeds at times but on average i'm about 7mbps down and just over 3 up

9M down, 1m up for me

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been averaging about 15mbps up until my billing period restarted and now I am consistently getting around 3.7mbps. Sooooo either the 4G network has been slow the past couple days or Verizon is throttling my speeds.

Help :)

If your billing period just restarted it wouldn't be throttling. They usually would do that at the end of the cycle. (and that's assuming they do it at all, which they don't)

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
The only company I know that "throttles" your speed would be T-mobile when you hit a certain limit and that is common knowledge. I have never heard of Verizon doing anything of the such.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac