just got my droid charge

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
after hearing the news about how motorola is lost in translation and cant come up with a definitive droid bionic release date, i decided to go to verizon and try the droid charge for 14 days.

so far i love the phone. this is my first ever android device. im coming from a storm 2(i know i know dont make fun of me)

not gonna root for now .... gonna get more experience with the OS before i start tinkering with it.

touchwiz is not so bad . it seems it has a bad rep aropund here. dont have any desire to grab any launchers but again im a newbie so maybe im just ignorant.

im gonna decide whether im gonna keep it a few days before the 14 day window ends.

the only 2 ways i would return this phone is if the GS2 has LTE and comes out late august at the latest or if motorola release the bionic at the first week of september at the latest.

happy with my purchase.

now im off to google to search for must have apps and tips and tricks .:cool:

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum! This is definatley the place.to be to learn all the tips and tricks for your new phone.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to you both. You will find a ton of help and info around here and if you cannot find it after searching, just ask.

Is touchwiz the best? nah, but it isnt the worst either when you take the full package into account. Touchwiz I think gets beat up because of the lag with it, but you wouldnt notice much of it if you couldnt root and rom. I am on Humble ROM with PBJ Kernel and it jsut flies!

Good luck and again if you need something go ahead and ask.

droidbio

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my charge for month now.

I didn't like you touchwiz so I loaded SwiftKey. I love it.

I also downloaded juicedefender and doubled my battery from 5 to 10 hours.

I think it's a good phone and netflix runs fine.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of reports that juice defender causes issues with the radio switching and some lose data completely. I read some had to factory reset to get it back. I would love to use Juice has I have the pay version and could really use a few more hours in the day ;) How long have you been using it?

PreceptorJR

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of reports that juice defender causes issues with the radio switching and some lose data completely. I read some had to factory reset to get it back. I would love to use Juice has I have the pay version and could really use a few more hours in the day ;) How long have you been using it?

Is there any chance that Elixir does the same thing? I found that when in a marginal area, my data connection bites the dust. Other than that I love the phone.

droidbio

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it for about a week.

I have had some issues with data turning back on after I disable jd.

The battery life is just too good.

I am around wifi most of the day so I am getting email and other updates.

The only problem is restarting my phone if the data won't turn back on.

I just reinstalled it to see if that fixes the problem.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it for about a week.

I have had some issues with data turning back on after I disable jd.

The battery life is just too good.

I am around wifi most of the day so I am getting email and other updates.

The only problem is restarting my phone if the data won't turn back on.

I just reinstalled it to see if that fixes the problem.

yeah i had that problem too but it went away after swapping out my SIM and modifying settings in juice defender

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
What settings are the key to it working?

well i have mobile data enabled after unlocking the screen, i dont bother enabling mobile data when wifi is connected since android OS already manages that on its own, i dont know about mobile data autofix if it helps or not with connecting to data after a certain time span of not being enabled. Im trying to find out more of the settings or if the whole juice defender app is the culprit to the mobile data not being connected at certain time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance