Native Gmail App & Email App Duplicating Gmail Notices

sv_one

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking I probably messed up the configuration of my gMail and am wondering if there's a simple fix, or whether it is even worth fixing. Here's what's going on:

I have 3 email accounts set up. gmail, yahoo and an exchange hosted account. I use the built-in email function for all three (the icon for this is a white envelope with a green @ symbol on it). It works and I like it.

Unfortunately I get gMail notifications for both the native gmail-only app and the @email app. If I read one it doesn't clear the notice in the other. So, it is sort of annoying to get both. I'd be happy with either just the native gmail-only-app or just the main email app. But not both. I'm also worried about battery drain because it appears both poll/check for new email.

I'm sure I'm missing something -- is there a way to turn this off in one?

Thank you.

MaxBuck2

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking I probably messed up the configuration of my gMail and am wondering if there's a simple fix, or whether it is even worth fixing. Here's what's going on:

I have 3 email accounts set up. gmail, yahoo and an exchange hosted account. I use the built-in email function for all three (the icon for this is a white envelope with a green @ symbol on it). It works and I like it.

Unfortunately I get gMail notifications for both the native gmail-only app and the @email app. If I read one it doesn't clear the notice in the other. So, it is sort of annoying to get both. I'd be happy with either just the native gmail-only-app or just the main email app. But not both. I'm also worried about battery drain because it appears both poll/check for new email.

I'm sure I'm missing something -- is there a way to turn this off in one?

Thank you.
I get both gmail and native (k9mail) mail notifications. Not sure why that would be a problem - polling both email accounts doesn't seem to be a big power drain. I'd rather get two notices of an email than none, and since migrating to Android I'm a fan of the belt-and-suspenders approach.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
either that is one solution or you could just turn off the notifications in whichever app.I have them turned off in my gmail app and on for my k-9 app

Thank you, while geochemical's suggestion did not work on my Inspire, I was able to turn off the notifications on the native email function.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae