Droid Charge battery...not that bad

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I've seen many posts complaining of the battery life for the Charge. Attached are photos of my Battery Usage and Status.

I have been averaging approximately 16hours a day of battery with moderate use. Moderate use meaning:

1. texting several times a day
2. making and receiving calls
3. playing Words with Friends
4. surfing

Basically just daily stuff .

The last reading I made (pics attached) shows 23hours and 6 minutes of unplugged time before the critical battery warning flashed.

After use, I generally turn off Data, Wifi, Location, Blue Tooth etc...
I also make it a habit to go to Task Manager and Exit all running applications and clear RAM memory.

Oh BTW, dont forget to turn down your brightness to a minimum.

Last edited:

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It's OK at best. Doesn't hold a candle to my Droid X. I miss the battery on that thing. I can usually go about 8-10 hours before I hit 20% with moderate use. Heavy use will completely destroy the charge though. I was on the train the other day and was on the web for about an hour straight, about 10 minutes of phone calls, a few text messages, screen at 15% and listening to music and I went from about 90% battery to 15% battery.

I'm sure it can be blamed on LTE. If I was on 3G it probably would've lasted much longer.

electron

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
When using WiFi or 3G, I've found the battery Life to be great. I don't 4G in my area, so I can't comment on that yet. I've got my screen at minimal brightness and my network at 3G only. When using wifi only, I easily get 12 hours of moderate use.

trebores

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I guess it all depends. When travelling around, the battery life is pretty bad - by traveling, I mean driving between 100-200 miles - covering areas with varying degree of coverage from good to none at all. I was recently traveling in Northern Cali like this for over a week. With use ranging from none to moderate, the phone would get between 4 and 6 hours of life (All areas were 3g at best, no 4g where I was). I previously had a Droid Incredible and it didn't do considerably better in such circumstances, but I would say it was a bit better, probably getting between 6-10 hours in similar use.

When I'm relatively stationary, battery life is better. When I'm around my home and the surrounding 5-10 miles (a strong 4g area and wi-fi at home), I can get 12-16 hours with moderate use.

Anyway, it just depends.. Some people will get all day, and others a few hours.

trifecta

May 23, 2011
Visit site
My normal use is text, Facebook, news and forums. Many days I don't use any video or music. I will never get more than 4 hours of my normal use. Seems like moderate use to me, without pulling the bandwidth of music or video.

If I turn off data, it only burns about 2 or 3% an hour. I do it sometimes overnight, but I paid quite a bit of money for a phone that does a lot of cool stuff. If I turn off all that functionality, seems like I overpaid for a basic text/talk phone.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
There is a reason your basic dumb phone batteries lasted 3 days, it didn't run all the services of a smart phone. Turning them off does sound bad but if battery life is your main concern, you can get use to the process I use. I get over 20hrs of basic use by turning off location services & back ground data until I need them. This allows me to conserve power for things I really want to use it for thought the day, music, browsing, checking email & so on. You will discover what apps need them because you'll be asked to turn them on if the app needs it. I got use to it because you simply just don't need them all the time. It's up to you.

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I was always concerned about the battery also until i was around 3 other iphone 4 users (which i was previously) and we all had about a full battery. While we were waiting in line for a movie premier (harry ahem potter ahem...) we were all using our phones consistently. My phone out lasted and i was on 4g plus i was doing more with my phone.

My battery is great.

I feel that sometimes when i get paranoid i end up turning the phone display on just to see the battery percentage and i feel that wastes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith