[Q] Quadrant Score

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I know Quadrant scores don't really mean much, but I am curious about something.

Coming from the Fascinate, with certain Rom/kernels combinations and the right over clocking and voltage settings, I could easily pull scores in the 2500 - 3000 range.

Just curious as to why the Charge scores seem to be significantly lower. I cant seem to get anywhere over 1600 - 1700.

Like I said, I know the score doesn;t matter (my Charge still seems alot snappier than my Fascinate was).... just curious if anyone who wants to answer. Thanks!

EDIT: Just got a 1964 with PBJ-OTB OC'd to 1.3.... nice, but still nowhere close to my scoes on the Fascinate

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i am just gonna go out on a limb and say that maybe because the development for the fascinate was more "mature" than the Charge. Our Phones are what, 3 months old and I seem to recall that souce isnt available but I am more than likely wrong on that one.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
i am just gonna go out on a limb and say that maybe because the development for the fascinate was more "mature" than the Charge. Our Phones are what, 3 months old and I seem to recall that souce isnt available but I am more than likely wrong on that one.

that sounds about right

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's because those 2500-3000 scores were on AOSP ROMs such as CM7, MIUI, OMGB/OMFGB, and jt1134's vanilla GB. Without all the carrier and manufacturer bloat to clog things up, and running on pure Android source code and the right OC kernel, those quadrant scores are possible. No such ROMs for the Charge, so with the Froyo ROMs and custom kernels, the best you will do is somewhere around 2000. You're basically comparing apples to oranges when you are looking at the two quadrant scores.

Reactions: JOrtenzi

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
mine was 1690 something earlier today

was just thinking how that although the fascinate showed higher scores in speed and how the Charge loads with more reliability than my fascinate ever thought to.. But i do live in a fringe area..
with the fascinate i had a good setup.. changed cause they said there was a better setup,, changed again but then after having a hanc held cpu i decided i wanted to use the phone part of the fascinate and i must say speed or not i can call out and or recieve calls more clearly, no da da da dits u etc... just clear as a bell and my apps al run very well.... i tried the root way as i did with the fascinate and notice an immediate drop in signal strength.. removed root back to stock and have signal even when non is shown.... but for the charges sake i did try a test.. i looked at signal strength and didnt see much but while loooking at screen when i tried a call or data move the 3g lit up and my charge rolled right along...
so speed vs reliability,, give me the charge......