1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Static while car charger plugged in....

For those who use their phones to listen to music in their cars. Do you get static when you plug in the charger while playing music through your car stereo?

I recently hooked up my Charge as my music player for my car stereo. I get this annoying static when I hook up the charger. I used to use my Garmin GPS as my mp3 player for my stereo and it did not have the static that I'm experiencing now while plugged in for charging.

Any suggestion on how to get rid of the distortion?

I'm using the Motorola Rapid Charger. I've tried 2 others and the same result. Not sure if the charger itself is creating a signal.

Advise please.

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Static while car charger plugged in....

Quote Originally Posted by Plucknbach View Post
    For those who use their phones to listen to music in their cars. Do you get static when you plug in the charger while playing music through your car stereo?

I recently hooked up my Charge as my music player for my car stereo. I get this annoying static when I hook up the charger. I used to use my Garmin GPS as my mp3 player for my stereo and it did not have the static that I'm experiencing now while plugged in for charging.

Any suggestion on how to get rid of the distortion?

I'm using the Motorola Rapid Charger. I've tried 2 others and the same result. Not sure if the charger itself is creating a signal.

Advise please.

Thank you in advance.
    Nope, I use the same charger for my phone. I stream music while charging it in my car with no statics.

I got static too the first time I tried plugging in a jack but found I just needed to seat the plug in deeper... it has worked fine ever since. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Mine does it intermittently too, i think it does improve if i jiggle the cigarette lighter plug

ROM
    GC 2.0/IMoseyON 13.6/V6SC

I get a digital hum and it gets louder when I accelerate.

Only does it when the charge and audio cable are hooked up. (Just the audio cable sounds crystal clear.)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I finally solved the static/whine issue. I bought a ground loop isolator which i installed between my source and car stereo input. No more static or noise. I now have clean music .

Can you post details of the cost of this device and where to buy it?

Is it this:

Quote Originally Posted by YELLOW_STL_MACH View Post
    I get a digital hum and it gets louder when I accelerate.

Only does it when the charge and audio cable are hooked up. (Just the audio cable sounds crystal clear.)
    Exactly what happens to me. I try to ignore it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by bmann View Post
    Can you post details of the cost of this device and where to buy it?

Is it this:

Here is the one I installed.

I paid about $15.00 at my local Car Stereo shop but you can get it at half that price online. I just didn't want to wait.

Depending on how you have your Phone hooked up to your car stereo will depend on what type of connectors you will need for your ground loop isolator. With mine, I use the following:

1 Ground Loop isolator - male sides connected to car stereo input (L/R)
    1 RCA - 3.5mm cable - RCA male side connected to Ground Loop Isolator with the 3.5mm side to my phones earphone jack.

That should take care of your whine or static.