Has anyone replaced their screen?

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So while on vacation this weekend my Charge suffered an unfortunate drop and the screen cracked. It is still functional, but the glass is shattered. Lesson learned, be careful while connecting your phone to a TV mounted outside with stone tiles below it. Anyway, since I got the phone for free and didnt extend (or want to extend) my contract, I just bit the bullet and ordered a new panel. Ive seen teardowns of this phone, but not showing how to remove and replace the screen. Has anyone ever done this before? Im fairly technically inclined but I don't want to get in over my head and do irreparable damage.

stranula

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So while on vacation this weekend my Charge suffered an unfortunate drop and the screen cracked. It is still functional, but the glass is shattered. Lesson learned, be careful while connecting your phone to a TV mounted outside with stone tiles below it. Anyway, since I got the phone for free and didnt extend (or want to extend) my contract, I just bit the bullet and ordered a new panel. Ive seen teardowns of this phone, but not showing how to remove and replace the screen. Has anyone ever done this before? Im fairly technically inclined but I don't want to get in over my head and do irreparable damage.
I certainly have not, and have not heard of anyone doing it, but if you decide to give it a shot, take pictures, and put them up to let us know how it goes. I would love to see that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy