Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Charge isn't connecting to PC

    I wanted to move some music onto my phone and plugged in my USB cable to my PC. It charges the phone but it does not connect to it for me to transfer files. I recall my original Moto Droid it was say "USB Connect" and I had to tap that, then it would pop up on the computer. I do not see that happening on my Charge. In the USB Settings it is set to "Mass storage". I'm not sure of any other settings to check. What do I need to do?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Charge isn't connecting to PC

    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitzXT View Post
    I wanted to move some music onto my phone and plugged in my USB cable to my PC. It charges the phone but it does not connect to it for me to transfer files. I recall my original Moto Droid it was say "USB Connect" and I had to tap that, then it would pop up on the computer. I do not see that happening on my Charge. In the USB Settings it is set to "Mass storage". I'm not sure of any other settings to check. What do I need to do?
    Try setting it to 'ask on connection'
    [Every time a phone gets rooted, an angel gets its wings.]
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Charge isn't connecting to PC

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Try setting it to 'ask on connection'
    I tried that, no luck. I also tried rebooting the phone, the computer, then tested the cable with a friends Droid X and that worked fine on my PC. I also tried unmounting and remounting the SD card, no luck. I'm stumped why it's not working.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Charge isn't connecting to PC

    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitzXT View Post
    I wanted to move some music onto my phone and plugged in my USB cable to my PC. It charges the phone but it does not connect to it for me to transfer files. I recall my original Moto Droid it was say "USB Connect" and I had to tap that, then it would pop up on the computer. I do not see that happening on my Charge. In the USB Settings it is set to "Mass storage". I'm not sure of any other settings to check. What do I need to do?
    Try Menu--Settings--Applications--Development--USB debugging

    Make sure USB debugging is checked.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Charge isn't connecting to PC

    It was unchecked, and I just checked it now. But even still, nothing happens when I connect it to the PC other than it charges.
  6. #6  
    noobsickle's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharged GBE 1.9RC2.3

    Default Re: Charge isn't connecting to PC

    Is your phone detecting your sd card? Can you download stuff to it? Can you transfer apps to it?

    Did you try a different USB port? The ports on the back of the computer tend to work better.

    Did you root your phone and forget to install the sd card fix found here?
    [Fix]EE4 sdcard write protection for root users - xda-developers

    You can also try to install the samsung drivers.
    http://www.multiupload.com/FVZ1TEDTJ1
    Last edited by noobsickle; 08-18-2011 at 07:14 PM.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Charge isn't connecting to PC

    i have a galaxy s an it says its charging on my phone when its plugged to my pc but its not... it charges with my wall charger but y isnt it workin on my pc???
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Charge isn't connecting to PC

    I have never been able to get the USB connection to work on my Charge. Tried different cables, different settings, no luck. I did get the drivers installed.. they try to reinstall every time I plug in the phone. I get a 30 second connection and then it disconnects. I think its just the phone.
  9. #9  
    Chocu1a's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    RootBoatz

    Default

    Are you on Windows XP?

    Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Charge isn't connecting to PC

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocu1a View Post
    Are you on Windows XP?

    Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
    I am using XP Pro, yes. I use the actual cable that came with the phone. The PC will recognize it, but then it loses the connection, and just 'bounces' on and off. I have tried with debugging on, and debugging off. Another thing I noticed after trying to get it to connect, is that now when I reboot the phone, it scans the SD card twice. 'Scanning SD card' and "scanning USB Storage'. Wierd.
  11. #11  
    Chocu1a's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    RootBoatz

    Default Re: Charge isn't connecting to PC

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderist View Post
    I am using XP Pro, yes. I use the actual cable that came with the phone. The PC will recognize it, but then it loses the connection, and just 'bounces' on and off. I have tried with debugging on, and debugging off. Another thing I noticed after trying to get it to connect, is that now when I reboot the phone, it scans the SD card twice. 'Scanning SD card' and "scanning USB Storage'. Wierd.
    I don't know what it is, but I had a similar problem with Samsung phones on Windows XP. I could not get it to properly recognize the phones no matter what I did, but Windows 7 recognized them right off.

Posting Permissions