Struggling w/ battery

therealdetroit

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to do, but if I charge the phone to 100% leave on without being plugged in it dies overnight w/o gps & wifi on.......I constantly close apps to make sure only the ones I need to run are running throughout the day and this phones battery time is AWFUL! I plug in repeatedly throughout the day even when I hardly talk on the thing......What should I do?

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to do, but if I charge the phone to 100% leave on without being plugged in it dies overnight w/o gps & wifi on.......I constantly close apps to make sure only the ones I need to run are running throughout the day and this phones battery time is AWFUL! I plug in repeatedly throughout the day even when I hardly talk on the thing......What should I do?

Is it rooted and romed? Have you calibrated the battery?

Salil

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. With GPS and WIFI turned off the battery doesn't even last 10 hours with light use. Is it necessary to root it to save battery life?

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hell no. if I did that I'd get more than the 20 hr I get now with moderate use. There has to be some common denominator bw you all

daThomas#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Out of the box I have experienced easily a full days moderate use with 4G on. No problem.

Something is eating your battery. If it's happening overnight then you should be able to diagnose it with the About Phone --> Battery Use info since your display should remain off during that time.

mcbrett

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My best guess is you may live somewhere with a weak connection- and your antenna is consuming mucho energy trying to find/secure a signal. This happens to me when I'm at work, but when I'm away from work the battery lasts much longer.

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My best guess is you may live somewhere with a weak connection- and your antenna is consuming mucho energy trying to find/secure a signal. This happens to me when I'm at work, but when I'm away from work the battery lasts much longer.

Might want to test that and put into airplane mode overnight to see how the battery holds up

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I agree with this comment. If you are in a 3G area, turn off LTE and go into CDMA mode. You may also want to disable background data and see if that improves battery life. You can definitely get better battery life out of the Charge, but you need to "manage" it.

YzBrad99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Try turning your mobile data off and see how that effects the battery. If your in a 3G area and your searching for 4G, it will drink the battery.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
hmm, odd , I have 4g and its always on, and I easily get 10 hours, take it to a verizon store and have em test the battery,

GPS on, gotta remember its only a on demand thing, as long as you're not actively using it, its not on. Data ON, only thing that syncs is Gmail.

Biggest killer is ALWAYS the screen. Set the brightness to about 23-30% and that should help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech