NewBie Alert - How to Stop Apps at Start Up

TomHeyd

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Up front disclosure - This is my first smartphone - Obvioulsy my first Android system.

Basic Info - Version Droid Charge set up by sales person at Versions store Thursday afternoon. It took almost 3 hours for the salesman to get the phone set up. That made me a little suspicious that something may be wrong.
When I go tool Tool->Apps->Currently Running there are like 20 running Aps I know I did not start. I found out to stop them one by one. That's a pain. I'd like to stop them from even starting up

I know Verizon bundles a lot of Apps and I can't delete them.

It may not be a real problem, but in 4 days I used up my 2GB data plan. No movies, No music, No streaming. My paranoid fear is that some of these "Start Up Apps" are nibbling at my data plan.

Also, I get only something like 4 hrs of battery. May or may not be related to "Start Up Apps"

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
If I were you ill return the phone and cancel tomorrow morning.

If you used up your 2gb already in 4 days then cancel ASAP.... If you don't you'll be paying big time money.

This 2gb cap is what's going to kill the smartphone.

Look up sprint.

The battery.... Search the forums or google on how to calibrate the droid charge battery.

You'll get 4-6 hrs on heavy use
8-10 hrs on moderate use
12-18 light use.

As far as the Apps are concerned you'll need to tell us the names of the Apps and well tell you if they are mandatory or optional

CHARGED LTE UP

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
As far as your data use, it sounds like something is very, very wrong.

In this current billing period, I was using my old Storm for about the first half of the thirty one days. Switched to my new Charge on Aug 14. Since then, I've been using data a lot exploring the phone. Lots of movie trailers, Youtube, web surfing, downloading and installing lots of apps, ebooks and widgets. My Verizon shows I have only used 375 mb for the whole billing period (with only 6 more days to go). Something doesn't sound right with your phone.

Rich

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah seems something is really messed up.....I use tons of data....my phone is always doin something and I only go thru 3-4 gigs a month....and I would not deal with the same clown that took 3 hours to set your phone up....I had to call verizon to activate my sim card but still was all set up in no time at all....theses phones are great.....

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Also make sure you are backing out of the app and not just hitting the home button so you know you are not leaving something running and are the reason something is eating up data.

Have you downloaded and thing big? I know I recently use the $25 credit for the Samsung media hub and downloaded 2 movies over 4g and that used up 3gb. Though I am on unlimited so it didn't matter for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma