1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Default Is the phone worth it???

Ok so I had a few Android phones in my past (OG Droid, HTC Incredibile, Samsung Fascinate) and now I have an iPhone 4. I found a pretty cheap Droid Charge on craigslist and we recently got 4G speeds where I live so it sparked my interest. I am just wondering what are the thoughts of it? Should I pick this up or just wait until the Droid Bionic/iPhone 5/ Droid Prime are released and get one of those? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Is the phone worth it???

i vote NO

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3.1 / IMoseyOn

I vote yes. I got mine from a friend for next to nothing. However after playing with it. I would of paid the verizon price for it. Love my charge.
    Retired -
    Droid 1
    Crackberry Storm

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Absolutely if it is a good price. Just resell it when another phone comes out that you want.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by arctic388 View Post
    i vote NO
    You must have paid $300.00 for one. None of thse phones are worth the initial price plus contract. Always wait a few months for the discounts to appear. One can now own the DCharge for substantially less than the original unlike some who couldn't wait to be the first to own the newest, brightest gadget available.

I got mine at $129.99 but you may be able to find it for free +2 years contract.

And Yes, it's a great phone...

Yes.

I got mine free from Verizon, Great phone ..i vote yes

Quote Originally Posted by Twilborne View Post
    I got mine free from Verizon, Great phone ..i vote yes
    How did you get it free? Cause I'll likely be getting the Charge.

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3.1 / IMoseyOn

Quote Originally Posted by KennyMB View Post
    How did you get it free? Cause I'll likely be getting the Charge.
    Likely he was due for an upgrade, and signed a 2 year.
    Retired -
    Droid 1
    Crackberry Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Droid.Guy View Post
    Likely he was due for an upgrade, and signed a 2 year.
    But the 2-year contract price through Verizon is still 299, that's why I asked.

Lots of people including me got a free upgrade to the droid charge because of missed calls on the fascinate.

I was planning on using my upgrade to the the charge. ..but when I started having numerous problems with my facsinate they offered to replace it for free with the charge.

I really do like the charge. Even running stock I had no.problems with it. (Well except for the brown colors lol)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    Blackberry 8320? OLD > blackberry 8703e > blackberry curve > blackberry Storm 2 > Samsung Fascinate>Droid Charge

Quote Originally Posted by Plucknbach View Post
    You must have paid $300.00 for one. None of thse phones are worth the initial price plus contract. Always wait a few months for the discounts to appear. One can now own the DCharge for substantially less than the original unlike some who couldn't wait to be the first to own the newest, brightest gadget available.

I got mine at $129.99 but you may be able to find it for free +2 years contract.

And Yes, it's a great phone...
    actually i got mine for $169.00 but that isn't why i vote no. I guess me coming from an iphone 3gs effect my thinking but nothing seems to be smooth on the charge. i don't have time to list all the issues i have with mine. one issue that bugs me all the time though is i hate the physical keys. it has such a big touch screen and i have to use those darn keys for a lot of navigating. personally i just hate the phone and verizon.

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx83 View Post
    Ok so I had a few Android phones in my past (OG Droid, HTC Incredibile, Samsung Fascinate) and now I have an iPhone 4. I found a pretty cheap Droid Charge on craigslist and we recently got 4G speeds where I live so it sparked my interest. I am just wondering what are the thoughts of it? Should I pick this up or just wait until the Droid Bionic/iPhone 5/ Droid Prime are released and get one of those? Thanks in advance.
    Wait 8 more days for the dual core Bionic.

just found out about Prime. this might be what i switch to. you really should wait. especially since i will have a slightly used Charge for sale then.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Ok thanks for the input guys. I can get this one brand new in box for $250 with no contract. I am highly contemplating it. The thing I would miss from my iPhone is battery life but I really miss being able to see my calendar on my homescreen and the customization of Android, plus im itching to jump to 4G!

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx83 View Post
    Ok thanks for the input guys. I can get this one brand new in box for $250 with no contract. I am highly contemplating it. The thing I would miss from my iPhone is battery life but I really miss being able to see my calendar on my homescreen and the customization of Android, plus im itching to jump to 4G!
    FYI I went back to the iPhone from my Charge. 4G isn't all that much faster than 3G. Im very happy now.

buy the one for 250. it will make you appreciate whatever you replace it with even more.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    FYI I went back to the iPhone from my Charge. 4G isn't all that much faster than 3G. Im very happy now.
    I have seen your posts around, and they have been great, but I gotta call you on this one. Maybe it was your area, radio, or whatever, but there is no comparison between 3G and 4G. 4G DESTROYS 3G, it isnt even close. I hated being stuck in 3G land last week.

Moving on, yes the phone is worth it at the right price. I would check around at Best Buy and see what the asking price is.

That being said, I would hold out for the Prime right now. I know the Bionic is a "hot item" right now, but I am not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by arctic388 View Post
    actually i got mine for $169.00 but that isn't why i vote no. I guess me coming from an iphone 3gs effect my thinking but nothing seems to be smooth on the charge. i don't have time to list all the issues i have with mine. one issue that bugs me all the time though is i hate the physical keys. it has such a big touch screen and i have to use those darn keys for a lot of navigating. personally i just hate the phone and verizon.
    ---------------
    can't help you there bud...

ROM
    GC 2.0/IMoseyON 13.6/V6SC

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    Looks pretty close to 3G to me....