Gingerbread is here! (LEAK)

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Can i install the leak if i am not rooted? maybe a dumb question but if its actual update leak why can't i just download and install like i could on my thunderbolt. This is what has me confused.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

GramieDroid

May 27, 2011
Visit site
What if I don't want Gingerbread and they offer it? I have my stuff all set up the way I want. I have the wifi hotspot that works flawlessly. It might not work on GB!

cmgeek

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Can i install the leak if i am not rooted? maybe a dumb question but if its actual update leak why can't i just download and install like i could on my thunderbolt. This is what has me confused.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Yes, you do not need to root. The process was so simple I couldn't believe it. Download file, drivers, and flash program, put phone in "download" mode, plug in, press go. Instructions are in the link I posted as well.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I am sure that there will be a "OMG GB IS HERE" thread. Also, there will more than likely be an announcement on the front page of AC. Finally, you can go to "About Phone" and do check for updates to see if you got it.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I think the update will come after the next Samsung phone is released.

No facts just a personal opinion.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
will touchwiz 4.0 be included with the official GB OTA release?

I know in the leaks people have created their own version of it, but I am hoping that Samsung pushes the same one that is seen on the samsung galaxy s2.

xaerospace

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I did this over the weekend. Amazing how easy it is. I wouldn't say my phone is now that much better. Honestly the battery still sucks. But I like having root access. All in all, pretty sweet. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1