Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AndroidXTC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    None

Default Eeeew...!

Have you seen the display on the Moto Bionic? Good Grief finillay I thought Verizon would have an iPhone killer and a top dog Android handset NOT! Its not terrible but not nearly as nice as the Charge screen.

Thumbs down Re: Eeeew...!

I was so excited to get the bionic yesterday. When I opened the FedEx box and powered up the phone I was so disapointed! I called last night and I am going to exchange for a CHARGE. I really thought they would have done a better job at the screen. It is so grainy and washed out. Hopefully Ill like the charge.

Like a lot of people I was waiting to see this phone to see if it would be the latest and greatest. I went to the local VZ store to check a demo out and simply could NOT get past the display. Not even close to the charge. The phone felt like a solid phone but the display was such a dissapointment. To each his own but I will be sticking with the charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Eeeew...!

Quote Originally Posted by mouser991 View Post
    Like a lot of people I was waiting to see this phone to see if it would be the latest and greatest. I went to the local VZ store to check a demo out and simply could NOT get past the display. Not even close to the charge. The phone felt like a solid phone but the display was such a dissapointment. To each his own but I will be sticking with the charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    I had the exact same experience. Really wanted to like the Bionic. just can't get past that screen display. Charge has it beat, not by just a little, but by a LOT! I also noticed that that the Charge is just as responsive. Compared cameras. Charge is also better in this Dept.
    I feel sorry for all those that have been waiting so long for this phone. If they buy and keep it, they are having to make quite a compromise.
    Droid Charge
    There is nothing constant but change.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    None

I even think the Thunderbolt screen is crisper looking than Bionic's
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    I even think the Thunderbolt screen is crisper looking than Bionic's
    I agree and I HATE the Tb's screen. Every time I need to use my daughters, i just wanna puke

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

While the screen is defiantly no where near the charges screen, it doesn't bother me. I don't watch movies on them so that might have to do with it.

Anyway I have 13 more days to decide.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    Have you seen the display on the Moto Bionic? Good Grief finillay I thought Verizon would have an iPhone killer and a top dog Android handset NOT! Its not terrible but not nearly as nice as the Charge screen.
    I have both the charge and bionic. Charge for work and bionic as my personal. Between the 2 screens, the charge wins hands down as far as crispness. However in direct sunlight, the bionic is better. The gps lock is instant on the bionic versus 5 to 10 minutes on the charge.

It really comes down to preference as not one phone is substantially better than another. Sammy's suffer gps problems, HTC with battery, motorola with the screen.

Lots of choices ;-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

And Motorola cameras suck as well, especially in lower light, the noise is unbearable. I ended up returning the bionic. The screen got to me a little, I could have stuck it out if the camera was better.
    also had low volume on the video recorder and I was not putting up with that after the thunderbolt.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    And Motorola cameras suck as well, especially in lower light, the noise is unbearable. I ended up returning the bionic. The screen got to me a little, I could have stuck it out if the camera was better.
    also had low volume on the video recorder and I was not putting up with that after the thunderbolt.
    You think so?

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

in bright light they are great but in lower light the pictures come out grainy, HTC cameras are far better in low light.

Dont get me wrong it was a great phone and man was it fast, blew the charge out of the water but I didnt think it was worth burning a upgrade on.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ewing33855 View Post
    I have both the charge and bionic. Charge for work and bionic as my personal. Between the 2 screens, the charge wins hands down as far as crispness. However in direct sunlight, the bionic is better. The gps lock is instant on the bionic versus 5 to 10 minutes on the charge.

It really comes down to preference as not one phone is substantially better than another. Sammy's suffer gps problems, HTC with battery, motorola with the screen.

Lots of choices ;-)

Yes, but the GPS can be fixed. Piizzadude and I found a way to make it lock in under 10 seconds.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I was gonna type the same thing but figured since it is a work phone he can't root to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I was gonna type the same thing but figured since it is a work phone he can't root to fix it.
    No can do lol. I'll get a pink slip! :-(

I generally stay under radar contact not commenting on much on the forum. But I wanted to chime in and share my feelings. I had purchased my charge about three weeks after it was out. The day the Bionic was out on display I went to Verizon just to check it out - side by side. Yes the Charge screen wins over the Bionic hands down. It made me feel good because the truth is I was tired of waiting for the Bionic. The Bionic loads web pages faster by maybe 4 to 5 seconds if it is big. From what I could tell with the Bionic being tied down on the display holder the Charge camera was superior. Not using the Charge GPS for like two months I just took it out in my back yard and in less than 15 seconds I had a lock on my back deck which had me at my neighbors and my property line. After walking out in the middle of the backyard it became more accurate. I have not had a problem with the GPS other than the unit running warmer. What I have seen is the loss of data- seems every time to be after I have been on the phone and when I am done I cannot get on the internet. By no means does it happen every time after I am done with a conversation just sometimes. Also I have been known to go "digital" on some conversations and some conversations on my end sounds like a very loud fax machine in your ear. This is few and far in between. I live in a 3g area, the nearest 4g is like 150 miles away. When I had a chance to try it down state (Flint MI) the phone was blazing fast and seemed to run warmer than normal. I only had like 45 minutes to try it on 4g before I was out of the area. I have a spare battery and use it, keep the Wifi on, the brightness up (and show that screen off) and GPS on only when I need it and am happy with the battery life for everything the phone does for me. So back to the post - the screen I am happy with it, show it off and would not trade it. For what it is worth.............
    Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by mkoronka View Post
    I generally stay under radar contact not commenting on much on the forum. But I wanted to chime in and share my feelings. I had purchased my charge about three weeks after it was out. The day the Bionic w.......)
    The Charge on 4G is so fast. I shudder to think of what I would do if they all of a sudden took it away from me.

I have bashed the Bionic so much I am done doing it. The Prime is the only thing that is going to sway me from here.

I haven't bashed it at all since I haven't played with it...until yesterday. I'm sure people who haven't seen the Charge screen probably think it's OK, but why would any company put that screen on any new phone? It just seems like you're taking a step backwards in technology by the looks of it. Granted I bought the Charge as my first Droid device and don't know much about the other screens.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by gattaka451 View Post
    I haven't bashed it at all since I haven't played with it...until yesterday. I'm sure people who haven't seen the Charge screen probably think it's OK, but why would any company put that screen on any new phone? It just seems like you're taking a step backwards in technology by the looks of it. Granted I bought the Charge as my first Droid device and don't know much about the other screens.
    Yea thats how I felt too. The Bionic is such a beautiful handset and that screen makes it look old somehow. Its like building a million dollar house then putting vinyl siding on it.
    JhettDark likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It makes it old only because the screen is so bad

Charged up post!

I'm awaiting the statement from Motorola saying they are trying to go "retro".

Could someone tell me where to find the GPS fix for the Charge and will it work for my rooted Fascinate? I'm returning my Bionic tomorrow for all of the above reasons so it's back to my old faithful standby (sigh...)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

There is a whole thread on fixing the GPS on the fassy over in the Fascinate forums. I am not being rude by not pointing it out, but I just don't have the time.

FasterFix from the market might help but no guarantees.
    Thanked by: