Contacts missing here and there

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I really like my phone. But this has happened twice to me that I know of. My contacts are dissapearing. Not all of them but anywhere between 5 and 50. Of course I don't know it until I have to send an email and their name is nowherre to be found. I am frustrated.

I just flashed back to stock.....hoping to start from scratch but I don't even know how many are missing.

How do I use Verizons back up assistant? when I try to do it from my phone it only backs up 4 numbers... min, bal, paymant and data.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

thanks

trifecta

May 23, 2011
Visit site
This happened when I switched to mine, but not since. I had backup assistant and my contacts are in Google, so it really shouldn't have been a problem.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar thing happen when I switched from the Fascinate to the Charge. What I did was log into my verizon account from my computer, go to my backup assistant, save my contacts as a file, logged into my google account, then imported the file. You will now have a separate imported folder in the contacts section of your gmail account. I used that imported file to manually enter my missing phone contacts into my gmail contacts folder. The phone immediately synced in the new contacts and now all my contacts are google contacts and automatically sync in when I sign into my google account when setting up my phone after a wipe or new ROM flash.

Reactions: putney1477

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just had this happen to me last night, in a seemingly freak glitch the Charge had.

Out of nowhere, around 2am the phone restarted itself and played the Droid sound. I thought nothing of it, ok, it crashed, big whoop. When it came to about 5 of my contacts had been completely removed and 1 was switched with another person mixing the data. The best part was, this somehow SYNCED with Gmail, removing the contacts entirely. That's an ENORMOUS problem, there has got to be a way to prevent something like that from happening. I used to have a Droid Incredible, which had a similar bug that deleted your text messages whenever it wanted to. Now here I sat with the Charge deleting my contacts... that's 2 strikes for Android in my book.

Thankfully, by some grace of God I found that Gmail can restore your contacts to what they were an hour/day/week ago, which I did and was lucky enough to have my contacts restored. I exported them and saved them in a bunch of places (that I had also previously done which conveniently seems to have gone missing, hooray for wasting my time trying to think ahead).

But my question is this: Who's to blame for this nonsense? Did the Droid Incredible delete my texts as a result of the Sense UI, or was it an Android bug? Did the Charge spaz out and erase my contacts because of Touchwiz, or was that an Android bug too? If it's the manufacturer's custom software mods glitching out, that's one thing. But if it's an Android problem...

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
If you have VZW Backup assistant. Start by checking that online. Found my missing contacts in it's trash or deleted file.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma