If you could leave the Charge, would you? What would you get?

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Charge. I like most things about it, but I've been having data connectivity issues with it. They have offered me pretty much any other device besides the Bionic for a free replacement. I would prefer to stay with a 4g phone, but I'll consider something else if you feel it is simply that amazing.

So, the question is...

If you could leave the Charge for anything besides a Bionic, would you? What would you get if so? If not, what about it makes you love it so much that you'd stay with it?

Thanks! Greatly appreciate the opinions.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the same connectivity issues....has not ticked me off too much yet....I'm so addicted to the screen on my charge like I was to my fascinate I don't think I would take any other phone at the moment...however if I had to I guess I would try the revolution or Inc2.....but I do love this phone....most of the time lol....

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
The other problem with the Revo, in my opinion, Is that it just isn't a sexy phone AT ALL. When I see it, I think its design is absolutely boring and plain.

In short, it's like a super nerd who's wearing taped together glasses. Damn good at math though!:p

The only thing that might keep me holding on to the Charge is that today a tech finally told me that it has become more of a "known issue". Hopefully that means it's getting some attention for a fix.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I"m another one that wouldn't leave the Charge for any of the other phones. If VZW had gotten the Galaxy SII, then....maybe. But right now, the only other phone I'd consider dumping my Charge for would be the Bionic. I've not had the Data Connectivity issues you and a few others have said though.

mkoronka

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Its the screen- I have not seen better. Some crank down the brightness to save battery life. Myself on the other hand keep the screen cranked up and show it off. I have a spare battery and use it. My data connectivity issues seems to be after I am done using the phone. After I end my conversation some times when I try to connect to the internet I can't but after a minute or so I can then connect. Nothing I can't deal with. I would and am staying with the Charge.

wayneis

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the connectivity problem but I do have a few others. Mine locks up for no reason that I can figure out, just out of the blue it freezes and locks up on me. Another thing is when I am switching from doing something and try to do something else my screen turns black, sometimes after several minutes it will go where I wanted and sometimes it just stays black until I remove the battery and replace it. Then I have a problem while my email is updating itself I can't open any new emails. I have to wait till the email is fully updated and loaded and then after a few minutes I can open them. I can even live with the battery issue, I bought extra and also recently purchased a 16,000 mAh Portable Power Max so I charge both my Wife and my phone and even my Nook while traveling or camping. I haven't taken it in to Verizon yet but I think that I will soon, this is getting old as I just bought this phone in July. Overall though, if I could get it fixed and then get Gingerbread I would be a very happy camper.:D

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a Charge. I like most things about it, but I've been having data connectivity issues with it. They have offered me pretty much any other device besides the Bionic for a free replacement. I would prefer to stay with a 4g phone, but I'll consider something else if you feel it is simply that amazing.

So, the question is...

If you could leave the Charge for anything besides a Bionic, would you? What would you get if so? If not, what about it makes you love it so much that you'd stay with it?

Thanks! Greatly appreciate the opinions.

This is exactly what I was up against with my Charge. I really wanted to like my Charge but the continuous connectivity issues I had with it was just too much to take. Verizon gave me an iPhone to replace the Charge and im very happy. Once IOS 5 appears in October this phone will be near perfect IMO.

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly what I was up against with my Charge. I really wanted to like my Charge but the continuous connectivity issues I had with it was just too much to take. Verizon gave me an iPhone to replace the Charge and im very happy. Once IOS 5 appears in October this phone will be near perfect IMO.

I would NEVER be able to live down going to an iPhone at the office... Besides that, I think I would miss things that even iOS 5 is still not going to have.

Verizon of course asked me if I wanted a Thunderbolt or a Revolution... The whole 4G to 4G trade. I think the Revolution is ugly, even if people say it runs pretty well. I want my phone to be sexy still. :p
The Thunderbolt supposedly has the worst battery life of any of them when used in a 4G area. I am in and out of 4G all the time, so that scares me off from it a bit.

If Sammy could just get their act together on getting updates out a bit faster, and fix some of these lingering issues (Hi there crappy GPS), then I think I wouldn't have to ask myself if I want something different...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't go with a TB. I know alot of people like it but my experience with it (my daughters actually, but hey I am the family IT department) has been horrible.

Your right about the battery life plus the screen, which is better than the Bionic, is still no comparison to the Charge. I guess I need to stop using that as a measuring stick but it is what it is. Also, you will need a screen protector with it, it scratches easily. The plus side is that they are getting or have gotten GB soon. Another plus is that most of the major kinks (the reboots they had + others) seems to be fixed.

smtompkins

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue has been the overheating while on the charger, running GPS; that and battery life. (I love the bright screen, too.) If GB will fix most of that, I'm happy. Besides, there aren't any good options. :-\

GramieDroid

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I love my Charge but I also have connectivity issues at times. I think because I live on the fringe. But if I left the Charge I would go back to Blackberry Torch. I miss the simple way to call someone. Press one button on speed dial!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I love my Charge but I also have connectivity issues at times. I think because I live on the fringe. But if I left the Charge I would go back to Blackberry Torch. I miss the simple way to call someone. Press one button on speed dial!

You can do that on the Charge, set your speed dial, when you want to call them just long press the number or dial the 2 digit speed dial number and hit send

here is the way to set your speed dials: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42445

Reactions: GramieDroid

Brian McPhail

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I would. I don't hate the phone or anything but I was crow barred into buying it while waiting for the bionic fiasco to pan out, and the suspect timing of Verizon's new (screw you customers) data plans..

GPS blows. Takes forever to lock on 8/10 attempts

RAM-- wtflol... damn thing is maxxed out from a fresh power up!

stupid light sensor.. omg.. you have to angle the phone just so or simply trying to dial (like VM pass) with your right hand results in the screen dimming off...

I really wanted that dual core chip..

Battery life is very very meh...

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Was told by a VZW rep today that the data connectivity is a documented issue, and they have a patch scheduled for the "middle to end of September."

I asked how confident he was that it would actually happen, and he said when it is documented as it is right now, there's a pretty good shot.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually had 2 Revos before getting the Charge. I have experienced some of the known issues, but I think I would stay put or wait for the iPhone 5 to see what actual features it has. The latest I have read about the Bionic is that the headphone jack is crap. Since I use my phone as a music player too, this would eliminate the Bionic even if it was a choice.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
GPS works great for me! I'm running the Gingerbread leak. I used it the other day after I flashed that ROM and I was excited to see how quickly it locked and how beautifully it worked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2