battery drain, anyone else?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So as some of you know, I have been running Gummy 2.0 and the newest modems (EP1W) for a few weeks and my battery usually gets me through the day without issue. In the last few days, without changing the setup or apps at all (except for todays amazon app) my battery has been going down at something like 5% every 10 minutes.

I am guessing that this is a network issue, but I am wondering if anyone else in the Harrisburg area is having the same issue. My 4G signal is solid and like I said nothing has changed on my setup, the drain just started out of no where....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Minor update: Since the OP about 4 hours ago, my battery has gone from 100% to 36%. No calls, 3 texts and nothing else.

GPS is off, background data is off. I am at a loss.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Minor update: Since the OP about 4 hours ago, my battery has gone from 100% to 36%. No calls, 3 texts and nothing else.

GPS is off, background data is off. I am at a loss.

my battery started going also,, shoot i was getting 16 hrs outta the thing with voltage settings set to 100
noop----- 800 ondemand .. then everything went nuts.. msg recieved 4 days after being sent to me...
miss call notification showed up days later than sent...

i had to reset everything between missed calls.msgs being notified late and garbled conversations ,, crap i thought i was back with my fascinate....

now i am trying 100 deadline-------------------1000 conservative..
gonna try this for a day or two... and i hope it works out,
crap i had been bragging about how smooth this charge was working and all of a sudden...poof!!!!
a nightmare.... i am on FE 2.0 no new modems etc .. just FE 2.0

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I havent messed with OC or UV because my phone hates it (constant freezes and reboots) whenever I move any of it. I am just using GC as it comes OTB.

I started the calibration process again last night so we will see how that goes.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I personally think the batteries could be the issue. From day one I have always used the extended battery but last month I was in the hospital for a couple days for surgery and charged the original battery to bring so i had a backup and noticed the charge was lasting longer on that one then my extended battery.
Might want to check the battery. I am thinking about picking up an another extended battery to test out.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I personally think the batteries could be the issue. From day one I have always used the extended battery but last month I was in the hospital for a couple days for surgery and charged the original battery to bring so i had a backup and noticed the charge was lasting longer on that one then my extended battery.
Might want to check the battery. I am thinking about picking up an another extended battery to test out.

I havent used anything but the original battery on this phone (the fassy I had 3 different ones) and so far I havnet come up wit ha solution.

It is really bugging me since I havent really changed anything, I have recalibrated a few times and still draining at a HUGE rate. might try going back to stock soon to see if there is something under the hood causing it, though I doubt it

cmgeek

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Which extended battery are you using? I've been wanting to get one, but afraid to just try one from ebay.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I am using the OEM from verizon.

also I noticed my battery drains like crazy from 100% to around 80% pretty fast then seems to last a good amount of time until it hits 40% then drains off and on, fast and slow.

Yesterday I jumped in my truck after charging the phone and streamed 3 songs over bluetooth to my stereo and dropped almost 10% Was out and about and at around 81% got back in my truck and streamed music for an hour and only dropped to 70%

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am using the OEM from verizon.

also I noticed my battery drains like crazy from 100% to around 80% pretty fast then seems to last a good amount of time until it hits 40% then drains off and on, fast and slow.

Yesterday I jumped in my truck after charging the phone and streamed 3 songs over bluetooth to my stereo and dropped almost 10% Was out and about and at around 81% got back in my truck and streamed music for an hour and only dropped to 70%

I had noticed the same kinda thing before, but this one is just a slow steady drain. If I couple this issue with some of the others I am having, I wonder if the OS got corrupted somehow (battery pulls, installing and uninstalling apps constantly) and it is time to start fresh.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
maybe, but the fact it was doing this before and after installing a new rom leads me to believe that my issue is battery related. As soon as I get a new battery and test it out I will let you know. Maybe tonight I will put the phone in airplane mode for a few hours and see how the drain is just so I can rule that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781