new charge owner w/questions

txmama21

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got my charge Friday...i switched from a Droid 2...I am really unhappy with this phone and i'm wondering if i have a dud, or if this is normal!!!

Issues i'm having -
1. the phone seems to reboot on its own and goes into a loop. I have to hold down the power button to get the "Samsung" screen to show up and to get the phone restarted.

2. random messages about applications that stop working (the samsung keypad, gmail, google) asking me if i want to force close.

3. texting freezing up, then the phone reboots

I have done a factory reset and that seemed to help at first, but now it's back to it's old ways....I have removed the batter and put it back, too.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thanks!

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the sd card from the old phone...maybe something on that card playing havoc.....aside from that I would say you have a bum unit....have had mine several months and have done things to it tipper gore would have a stroke over and no issues like you....swap that bad boy out.....I love this phone.....best of luck....

txmama21

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I am using the SD card from my droid 2...i will switch them out and see if it helps. Didn't think that would cause a problem though...hmmmm

thanks for your input

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am using the SD card from my droid 2...i will switch them out and see if it helps. Didn't think that would cause a problem though...hmmmm

thanks for your input

I had some problems when I used the sd card from my Fascinate. So I copied everything from my old sd card to my computer, then just transferred it all to the new sd card and did not have the problems anymore.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes save all card data then reformat the card in the Charge. If this does not help you may need to swap out the phone. You should do another master reset on the phone after the card is reformatted.