Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If I root my phone...

can I go back to a stock unrooted os? I am asking this because I would like to root my phone but easily un-root for the warranty.

Can Verizon find out if I rooted my phone and somehow go back?

Carrier
    GummyCharged2.0/iMoseyOn

Default Re: If I root my phone...

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

more than likely they will not find out if you odin back to stock. I wouldnt worry about it

You can easily Odin it back to.

Seems the problem is when you have a hardware failure under warranty... Not only do they(of course) see all your non-sd data, but they might see it was rooted and refuse to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    Seems the problem is when you have a hardware failure under warranty... Not only do they(of course) see all your non-sd data, but they might see it was rooted and refuse to replace it.
    I'm going to have to call b.s. on you there, bob. Lemme guess, you work for Verizon? If one had a hardware problem, one would wipe internals prior to taking to Verizon. Also, when you turn in your phone at your local Verizon, they cannot tell that you were rooted if you just return to stock like everybody else said. Don't be scared.