Droid Charge screen goes blank some times

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm fairly new to the android world coming over from an iPhone 4. I purchased a Samsung Charge a couple of months ago and wanted some help with a problem I am having. When I run stock touch wiz, Launcher Pro or ADW, I noticed my screen will go completely blank except for the bottom four icons for about a minute when I am switching between to many apps. Twitter or Facebook especially seem to be one of the apps that may be causing the problem. Not completely sure though because it happens all the time when I'm using my phone. I am constantly making sure I have nothing running, but that doesn't seem to help. I go to running services and shut down the ones that I know I don't need, but it will still go blank at the most inappropriate time. I use my phone for work and I hate it when I'm standing there with a customer trying to check the calendar and the screen is blank. I have jailbroken the iPhones before, but don't quite have a handle on how to root. Will that even help the situation? Thank you for any advice.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
This could be a memory space issue. It's a common known issue with launcher pro. Try go launcher ex in the market. It might solve ur problem.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you think that go launcher would work better than stock Touch wiz? It happens with stock just as often. What's the best way to install gummy charge
with a Mac. Remember, I've never done this before. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Before you try gummy charge, try go launcher ex. I don't own a Droid charge, so I'm not sure how often it happens on touchwiz. But ever since I installed go launcher ex, I've had the problem not as often as launcher pro. It will happen every now and then, but its way more tolerable than launcher pro.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Go Launcher EX on the new leaked EP3 stock gingerbread build and have no redraw problems. App icons appear with no delay or lag when exiting an app.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I would deffinately suggeest gummycharge 2.0 over any launchher or rom

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Yes, a rom is usually better than a launcher, but he runs the risk of breaking his phone. He should try the safer route first(go launcher) if that doesn't work for him, then go ahead and flash gummycharge.

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
You guys are great. I am running Go Launcher as suggested. It does run better. Thanks! Would like to know how to flash a rom using a Mac. Could someone post a link to some easy instructions. Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
wow was just browsing through and saw this. I was literally about to smash my Charge against the wall and go back to my Thunderbolt or iPhone 4 sitting in my desk drawer. I've always loved Launcher Pro but downloaded Go Launcher as recommended above and it cured most all of my lag, blank screen, home screen redraw, etc. and I might even like the look and options of this launcher better. now the wait until the nexus prime won't seem quite as bad.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
wow was just browsing through and saw this. I was literally about to smash my Charge against the wall and go back to my Thunderbolt or iPhone 4 sitting in my desk drawer. I've always loved Launcher Pro but downloaded Go Launcher as recommended above and it cured most all of my lag, blank screen, home screen redraw, etc. and I might even like the look and options of this launcher better. now the wait until the nexus prime won't seem quite as bad.

Glad we could help. Don't go eat the fruit!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc