Which location service

gdiego

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this forum and learning my new Charge. Still debating if I should keep it or wait for a newer model. The phone works great right now. Much better than my old BB.
Question: What location service is best to use for car navigation?
There are three listed: VZW, Standalone, or Google.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this forum and learning my new Charge. Still debating if I should keep it or wait for a newer model. The phone works great right now. Much better than my old BB.
Question: What location service is best to use for car navigation?
There are three listed: VZW, Standalone, or Google.

I use Google Navigation, but I enable all three location services. I leave VZW and Google on all the time and turn on Standalone when I need to use Google Maps or Navigation. The three different location services use different sources to identify your location. So you get the most accurate lock on your location, and therefore the best results from your choice of navigation app.

GramieDroid

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I came to Charge from BB also. I did love my Tour but the Charge has big beautiful screen. I didn't think my arthritis would let me txt from the screen but I am doing it. lol! Also I used to have Tether on BB but now I bought SVTP wifi in market and it works great for occasional use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm