Has anyone else had this problem? My phone will not vibrate. The only time it will vibrate is when I turn the volume all the down to the "vibrate" level, it will vibrate 1 time to let me know that it is on vibrate mode. But then when anyone calls or texts, it will not vibrate to alert me. I don't get vibration notifications in games either. Does this have something to do wtih some kind of setting I have turned off? Can anyone help? Its really frustrating
    10-17-2011 09:04 AM
    When I go to settings, sound settings, general, I have the vibrate option set to "always":
    10-17-2011 09:07 AM
    What doesn't it vibrate for? For most apps you have to explicitly enable vibrate always (ie SMS, Calendar, Gmail). It's annoying but thats how it is.
    10-17-2011 01:03 PM
    It will not vibrate at all when its in vibrate mode. If someone calls -no vibrate, new texts-no vibrate. Even though I have made the vibrate function on the side of the phone turned on. I also have vibrate notifications for handcent but when I click on "test notification" it will not vibrate.
    10-17-2011 01:11 PM
    Is your phone rooted? Mine doesn't vibrate and hasn't since I played around with Gummycharged. I know there's a setting somewhere that lets me choose different vibrate patterns and stuff, but I think I might have been using Go launcher at the time too. I'm baffled, but if I figure it out I'll let you know.
    10-18-2011 07:14 AM
    I have the same issue. It vibrates on incoming calls, but not for text messages. I've checked the settings and they appear to be correct.
    10-30-2011 02:52 PM
    Download Smart Vibrator from the market. Worked for me on my T-bolt. Customizable too.
    10-30-2011 03:24 PM
    I downloaded Smart Vibrator and it does work.

I'm still going to try to figure out why the system vibrate feature stopped working on SMS notifications, though.

I noticed there's a lag of a couple seconds when using Smart Vibrator (not that it's a huge deal). The phone vibrates first, then the message comes in.
    10-31-2011 07:45 AM
    I downloaded Smart Vibrator and it does work.

I'm still going to try to figure out why the system vibrate feature stopped working on SMS notifications, though.

I noticed there's a lag of a couple seconds when using Smart Vibrator (not that it's a huge deal). The phone vibrates first, then the message comes in.
    With smart vibrator you can customize the vibe to what you want. What I did was to make a longer vibe (mine is almost 2 minutes long). The native vibe alert wasn't strong enough or long enough and I would miss it. Try making a longer vibe, see if that helps.
    10-31-2011 05:08 PM
    I had to take the phone to the verizon store. It was an issue with the phone... it just wouldn't vibrate at all. They sent me a replacement and the vibrate works well. Its actually too much of a vibrate so I only ever use it if my phone is in the pocket of my scrubs at work...
    11-01-2011 12:33 PM
    Check in the sound settings and turn vibrate always on
    11-05-2011 08:05 PM
    I had this problem as well, but discovered the messaging application has its own settings folder, and the last option is vibrate. I marked 'also vibrate when notified' and solved the issue. best of luck!
    12-25-2011 12:19 AM
    That was my issue too. I had the setting set to Never.
    12-26-2011 10:40 AM
    I have the same issue..the setting its clearly on vibrate always..when I turn the volume down it vibrates letting me know its on vibrate only, but when I receive a call our a notification/text message no vibrate...even with the sound on it don't vibrate...i cannot figure as to why this is happening I've only had it for a couple weeks and its only fell outta my lap once nothing major...any ideas...(samsung galaxy prevail)
    08-29-2012 04:46 PM
    I have a Gravity Smart and it stop vibrating. I downloaded the Smart vibrator and it didn't work. What should I do now?
    12-27-2012 02:57 PM
    Abuse it slightly works for me
    02-08-2013 11:55 PM
    Thanks it worked for me
    07-11-2013 04:52 PM
    It will not vibrate at all when its in vibrate mode. If someone calls -no vibrate, new texts-no vibrate. Even though I have made the vibrate function on the side of the phone turned on. I also have vibrate notifications for handcent but when I click on "test notification" it will not vibrate.
    08-27-2015 08:06 AM
    Has anyone else had this problem? My phone will not vibrate. The only time it will vibrate is when I turn the volume all the down to the "vibrate" level, it will vibrate 1 time to let me know that it is on vibrate mode. But then when anyone calls or texts, it will not vibrate to alert me. I don't get vibration notifications in games either. Does this have something to do wtih some kind of setting I have turned off? Can anyone help? Its really frustrating
    I'm having the same problem. Mine will vibrate for texts but not calls and it will vibrate when I create a vibration but not when I try to select between them. It will vibrate once when I turn on vibrate mode too but that's it. It also won't vibrate within the diagnostics screen from dialing *#0*#
    11-09-2015 10:12 PM
    11-13-2015 07:27 PM
    so about a week ago my phone stopped vibrating and i didn't even drop it so i checked settings and it said vibrate is on and it doesn't vibrate for anything and smart vibrator didn't work so im stuck. i can live without vibrate though. any help?
    12-07-2015 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD