Phone won't vibrate

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem? My phone will not vibrate. The only time it will vibrate is when I turn the volume all the down to the "vibrate" level, it will vibrate 1 time to let me know that it is on vibrate mode. But then when anyone calls or texts, it will not vibrate to alert me. I don't get vibration notifications in games either. Does this have something to do wtih some kind of setting I have turned off? Can anyone help? Its really frustrating

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
What doesn't it vibrate for? For most apps you have to explicitly enable vibrate always (ie SMS, Calendar, Gmail). It's annoying but thats how it is.

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site
It will not vibrate at all when its in vibrate mode. If someone calls -no vibrate, new texts-no vibrate. Even though I have made the vibrate function on the side of the phone turned on. I also have vibrate notifications for handcent but when I click on "test notification" it will not vibrate.

gattaka451

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone rooted? Mine doesn't vibrate and hasn't since I played around with Gummycharged. I know there's a setting somewhere that lets me choose different vibrate patterns and stuff, but I think I might have been using Go launcher at the time too. I'm baffled, but if I figure it out I'll let you know.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Smart Vibrator and it does work.

I'm still going to try to figure out why the system vibrate feature stopped working on SMS notifications, though.

I noticed there's a lag of a couple seconds when using Smart Vibrator (not that it's a huge deal). The phone vibrates first, then the message comes in.

micwag2

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Smart Vibrator and it does work.

I'm still going to try to figure out why the system vibrate feature stopped working on SMS notifications, though.

I noticed there's a lag of a couple seconds when using Smart Vibrator (not that it's a huge deal). The phone vibrates first, then the message comes in.

With smart vibrator you can customize the vibe to what you want. What I did was to make a longer vibe (mine is almost 2 minutes long). The native vibe alert wasn't strong enough or long enough and I would miss it. Try making a longer vibe, see if that helps.

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I had to take the phone to the verizon store. It was an issue with the phone... it just wouldn't vibrate at all. They sent me a replacement and the vibrate works well. Its actually too much of a vibrate so I only ever use it if my phone is in the pocket of my scrubs at work...

sansphx

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem as well, but discovered the messaging application has its own settings folder, and the last option is vibrate. I marked 'also vibrate when notified' and solved the issue. best of luck!

Reactions: gattaka451

Primsuspect_420

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue..the setting its clearly on vibrate always..when I turn the volume down it vibrates letting me know its on vibrate only, but when I receive a call our a notification/text message no vibrate...even with the sound on it don't vibrate...i cannot figure as to why this is happening I've only had it for a couple weeks and its only fell outta my lap once nothing major...any ideas...(samsung galaxy prevail)

Onalenna Mashaba

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
It will not vibrate at all when its in vibrate mode. If someone calls -no vibrate, new texts-no vibrate. Even though I have made the vibrate function on the side of the phone turned on. I also have vibrate notifications for handcent but when I click on "test notification" it will not vibrate.

Jbarks93

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem? My phone will not vibrate. The only time it will vibrate is when I turn the volume all the down to the "vibrate" level, it will vibrate 1 time to let me know that it is on vibrate mode. But then when anyone calls or texts, it will not vibrate to alert me. I don't get vibration notifications in games either. Does this have something to do wtih some kind of setting I have turned off? Can anyone help? Its really frustrating

I'm having the same problem. Mine will vibrate for texts but not calls and it will vibrate when I create a vibration but not when I try to select between them. It will vibrate once when I turn on vibrate mode too but that's it. It also won't vibrate within the diagnostics screen from dialing *#0*#

Scarlet hazel

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech