App won't uninstall

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded an apk (trial version of enhanced email) and installed from My Files. Now it will not uninstall. I did force stop first. Also stopped the running service. I want to install the paid version but cant get rid of the trial. Only message is "Uninstall not successful".
Any ideas? I have written to thw creator but not so sure its a program issue.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded an apk (trial version of enhanced email) and installed from My Files. Now it will not uninstall. I did force stop first. Also stopped the running service. I want to install the paid version but cant get rid of the trial. Only message is "Uninstall not successful".
Any ideas? I have written to thw creator but not so sure its a program issue.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Are you rooted? If so, you should be able to delete the apk through Root Explorer or uninstall it through Titanium Backup.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Not rooted but resolved the issue after some generic googling. It wasn't enough to do a "clear data". Clear Data removed the visibility of the accounts in its account list, but somehow they were still hooked in a way that kept the app from being removed. I had to add them back onto the device, then delete them individually. Once I did that, the app uninstalled.

Thanks.