Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email password problem

I am having a problem with the push from my pop3 email account (Yahoo). On my phone, I am being asked to enter my email password several times a day. At one point I did change my password for my account on my pc, but that was long ago. I deleted my email account from my Charge and set it up fresh but the password request continues.

I have had this phone for several months, and no problems until this weekend.

Any ideas?

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts

Default Re: Email password problem

I am getting the exact same thing. Curious to see what is going on. Started around the time I put the newest leak on, but not sure if it's related.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I didn't install the latest leak, so I'm guessing that is not your problem. Maybe it is a Verizon thing? I know that they had data issues over the weekend. My other email accounts don't seem to be affected, only the Yahoo one.

+ 3 times for me this morning alone. According to the Droid forums it is a issue with yahoo servers not the phones.

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

My boss is also having this problem, so it must be something with the Yahoo servers. I'm not having this issue, but I use K-9 mail not the Yahoo mail app.

I am just using what came on the phone. It has been over two hours now that I have not been prompted for a password, could it be fixed?????? Time will tell.....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Still having this problem this morning, so for me it isn't fixed yet.

No me neither. It let off prompting me for the password like all evening but when I awoke I had no emails till I re-entered it and it has been asking about every two hours. I guess I got my hopes up yesterday evening.

Been happening to me for over a week. Driving me crazy... Uninstalled the mail files from the phone and reinstalled them - still happening.

I don't think this is a Charge problem. It might be Yahoo. I am seeing the same problem on my LG Revolution.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by radiusmax View Post
    I don't think this is a Charge problem. It might be Yahoo. I am seeing the same problem on my LG Revolution.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Yep, problem with Yahoo. I'm seeing this mentioned across different forums on different phones.

The following solved it for me (taken from this thread: Yahoo email not working )
    Open the email app, enter your email and password, click manual setup
    incoming = imap.mail.yahoo.com
    outgoing = smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

I actually didn't change the outgoing from the default it came up with (think it is smtp.verizon.mail.com), I just changed the incoming.

Works fine now.