Screen problems when in cradle

mikedo

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Some times when I have my charge in the cradle the lower third of the screen will become fuzzy (looking like a tv screen that is on a non-channel). Some times the number that are associated with the time in that section do not follow in sync with the rest of the numbers. When I take it out, the lower third of the screen has lines across it and the quality of the image is degraded in that section. If I reboot things are OK. This has been happening for a few months and it occurs randomly. I can not see any programs or actions that it correlates with but I will occasionally get notifications sounds with no notifications and don't know if these are associated with this. I am using launcher pro as my defalt interface.
Any suggtestions would be appreciated.

Endstate

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Have similar issue with my wife's Charge, so you're not alone. Similar symptoms: portions of screen turn totally to "color noise" patterns, screen refresh can force the image back but then may have grey or off-colors lines that are varying darkness. No sure way to get them to go away, even with recycle---don't want to do a hard reset and lose data, so quite annoying. Seems to occur randomly--have had it happen in-cradle and out. Looking for other info on this and will post back if find any. About to just buy another unit of some kind.:-\

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Take your phone into Verizon and demand(nicely;-) ) a replacemet. Sounds like faulty hardware.

tapatalkin' on my Droid Charge

mikedo

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I did take my phone to Verizon. Didn't have demand as they knew about the problem. They said their display phone had the same problem and its a known problem. I was surprised that no one else on this forum or on phandroid Charge forum had similar problems. They gave me a refurbished phone minus the back (would have liked a new un- scratched back -but, oh well). There was minimal inconvenience, main one being having to re set the speed dials and remember what apps I had downloaded but figure if I can't remember them I don't need them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz