Fixed Droid Charge stuck in Desk/Car Cradle mode

theRalph

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My Droid Charge was stuck in desk cradle mode today and would not correct itself (usually it corrects itself with a plug in and unplug).

All that you have to do is get a tiny flathead screwdriver, insert it under the metal tab inside the microUSB connector and gently GENTLY push that piece up. If it touches the bottom side of the connector it will make the phone think that it is in a desk or car cradle and make the owner very frustrated.

I know others have had this issue so just wanted to share the solution.

If you break your phone I am not responsible- try this at your own risk. ;)

napoleon41

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You rock, man! I've had this problem for months and actually got some sort of app to shut it off and ignore it.

After disabling some services it came back. Talk about an easy fix.

JD222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You are seriously the best!! I have been dealing with this damn problem since May and it would go on and off all the time and I even took it in the store and they could not even figure it out. Thank you so much!! I do not understand how annoyed I have been with it lately.

Michele Merritt

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
My Droid Charge was stuck in desk cradle mode today and would not correct itself (usually it corrects itself with a plug in and unplug).

All that you have to do is get a tiny flathead screwdriver, insert it under the metal tab inside the microUSB connector and gently GENTLY push that piece up. If it touches the bottom side of the connector it will make the phone think that it is in a desk or car cradle and make the owner very frustrated.

I know others have had this issue so just wanted to share the solution.

If you break your phone I am not responsible- try this at your own risk. ;)

I cannot even thank you enough! I have been searching this issue for days and installing all sorts of apps. Turns out I needed to "GENTLY" move the metal in the USB port? Worked like a charm. THANK YOU!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2